“Very good property, but don't know why they call it a resort.”

Silver Legacy Resort and Casino
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Yuma, Arizona
“Very good property, but don't know why they call it a resort.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week for a conference that was conducted at the hotel. The rooms were nice with LED tv and a comfortable king bed. The wifi worked great. There were a sufficient number of restaurants/buffets/cafes in the hotel and the connecting Circus Circus and the El Dorado. From the lobby floor of the hotel you can walk inside to the other two casinos mentioned. The hotel is currently undergoing reorganization under chapter 11. This hasn't had a negative effect on the service or the attitude of the employees. As they put it, the hotel is simply doing some refinancing much as a lot of people are refinancing their homes with lower interest rates. I would stay here again.

1 Thank Dennis S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had 3 day notice of an event in Reno, NV. we wanted to attend. We called the Silver Legacy as it is in close proximity to the event and we were only going to stay one night. We thought, "how bad could it be?" From the phone call to secure the reservation to checking out, we were very impressed with the staff and the accomodations. On the morning of our checkout day, we requested a late checkou and were told, "no problem".

Our room was immaculate! Well maintained and appeared to be newly decorated. The bathroom was clean and fresh and the beds were very comfortable. We ordered room service and were treated to a very prompt response. The decor of the hotels interior is historic and interesting displaying many pieces from the 19th century. We joined the Rewards Club and were treated to a buffet meal which was good, not excellent. The food was nicely served in a very clean and orderly environment. We also had a meal at the coffee shop and would eat there again.

The Silver Legacy, Reno, NV. you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ishouldknow96
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Clean, modern, comfortable rooms. Cheap - best to book directly to get the best rate. Of course it has all the limitations of casino hotels - awkward parking, a few hours until you get oriented to the casino. But the bottom line: if Laura would be my cocktail waitress again at the Silver Baron Lounge, I'd be back here every time. One charming person can make all the difference.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MeganFinn, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello Richard R,

Thank you for writing a review of Silver Legacy Resort Casino on TripAdvisor! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are passing along your review to our Food and Beverage manager so Laura can see your kind words about her service - it's great to hear she made your stay all the better! We hope to have you back again with us soon.

Reno, NV
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed October 15, 2012

In town midweek for business and stayed for two nights. I usually stay at Harrahs but since the meetings were at the legacy I just stayed there. Rooms are dated and old but kept up with. It's a good location attached to the Eldorao and Circus Circus so you can go to the other casinos without going outside which s a plus. Reno is retry sketchy . Not too many dining options. Buffet closed the first night. If your staying just a night or two this place is fine. More than that I would go else where.
The do charge a resort fee which is garbage. There is many resort amenities . Got free wifi so I guess it was worth it. Not bottled water nothing else. No resort fee at Harrahs.

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have stayed here multiple nights on multiple trips on business. This hotel has really changed how it deals with customers and the quality of housekeeping. My previous review were great. They must really be in financial trouble. Here is what my experience was Oct 9-12, 2012. I made reservation through the hotel website a month before. Reserved a King room. When I checked in, I told them I wanted a suite if one was available. The lady told me I would have to pay difference between the King and Suite. That was OK since I expected that. Then she said since I made reservations using their own website, it would cost me $40 to upgrade the room. I thought this sounded desperate, but but I wanted a larger room. So, I agreed to pay the difference in room costs and the $40 charge (why the heck would a hotel charge you $40 fee to change a room to a more expensive in addition to paying the difference since they had a vacant room?). When I checked out, they had charged me $40 per NIGHT for a room change NOT just the $40 the lady told me at check-in. Then, they showed me a piece of paper that I was never provided that said $40 per night (it was handwritten on a paper showing charges for the difference between the Kind and the Suite). I asked to speak to a manger and the clerk told me no one would be available to talk to me and if I had a problem, call the phone number. Unbelievable. More on my room: 3426. It was not real clean when I checked in (the bathroom). There was no coffee or coffee cups. Had to call down to get them. If you sleep lightly, do not rent this room. You can hear the elevators and everyone partying in the hallways near the elevators. The sound is exactly light the change in sound when a jet is powering down coming in for a landing (not as loud, obviously). I sleep deeply, so it only bothered me while I was going to sleep. On the last night of my stay, I noticed I had not coffee cups for the next morning and had to call again. The coffee stuff is not a big deal. Happens. They knew that room was loud from the elevators once I asked (after the 2nd night). The lack of adequate cleaning of the bathroom upon check-in was not great. Anyway, the Peppermill and other hotels have good rating and I am sure better customer service. I have not decided whether or not I will call the hotel next week and complain. I hate being hassled and treated without respect. First time in several years I have had to write a bad review.

Room Tip: Do not rent one near an elevator. The hotel clerk said they knew those rooms experienced noise. Wh...
5 Thank Camcolo
Hello Camcolo,

Thank you for writing a review of Silver Legacy Resort Casino! We appreciate the feedback of our guests and are thankful for receiving your feedback; however, we were concerned to hear that your last experience with us did not meet your expectations. We are very sorry a manager was not available at the front desk to accommodate you better. We also apologize for the noise and lack of coffee cups in your room. We strive for the utmost satisfaction from our guests in our service and their stay, and are disappointed that we missed the mark with you. We hope to have the chance to improve your impression of Silver Legacy.

Reno, NV
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed October 11, 2012

If you find yourself in Reno, the Silver Legacy is a nice place to hang your hat for a day or two. Clean and convenient with some recent updates to the rooms, not terribly fancy but better than the average hotel. Casino is pretty large and connected to the Eldorado and Circus Circus for more variety without having to go outside.

Room Tip: The spa rooms are nice with huge showers and jetted tubs. The single king beds are pretty comfy.
Toronto
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just spent last thursday night @ Silver Legacy and it was a pretty decent time. Reno isn't exactly a booming town nor a resort savvy Vegas experience if you will , and the biggest little city has definitely seen better days, but that being said Silver Legacy was good enough to keep us busy within. The Casino itself is pretty lively (even for a thursday) with a few good places to get a drink inside (if you aren't taking advantage of free gambling booze), as well as eat (sedona cafe, El dorado next door) . Me and my wife spent just the 1 night in Reno, (on route to Tahoe, Sac, Bay area) and one night was good enough ! here's a quick breakdown :

PROS - Very nice staff,
lots of gaming available - S.L, Harrah's, El Dorado are all on the same block
Security is great within the casino/hotel so safety was of no concern (in complex)
Price is right ($49 for a nice size deluxe room)
In the center of all the 'action'

CONS- if you a few hundred feet from the casinos (at night) then you're getting into some shady territory with police activity, seedy folk and a chance for trouble
-the IRONING BOARD BROKE upon opening it !
-Iron burnt a hole in my shirt !
-Hotel is aging and needs a facelift soon
- Resort Fee !! (which was a surprise - $11 per night)

All in all if you're in Reno, then I suppose Silver Legacy would do the job for value, but i may try the Peppermill next time....that is if im ever back in town !

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are a great value
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple