“Asked Us to Turn Off Bathroom Fan Because of the Noise :/”

Motel 6 Reno - Virginia Plumb
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I usually stay at the Silver Legacy when we go to Reno. This time we opted for the Motel 6 because we were looking for a place to live, we had our dog in tow, and I had a physical at my new job in town. Basically we weren't looking for entertainment this time around. Now I know that Motel 6 isn't known for luxury, but I usually feel like my stays with the chain are at least worth the value. This time around I was very disappointed. Our first night there we had the neighbors complain about noise--because apparently the bathroom fan was on and too loud. Yes, that's what our complaint was for. So the rest of the night we were afraid to turn the light on in the bathroom since there is only one switch for both the light/fan. The next night I didn't sleep--at all. I lay awake all night in bed, the air conditioner didn't work and I was too hot and uncomfortable to sleep. The day we checked out I was taking my dog to the bathroom in a small patch of lawn--the only one I could find by the pool. The manager told me that there was a larger lawn in the back where my dog could do her business. This other lawn was a thin stretch, and posted were signs that prohibited dogs from using the bathroom there. Soooo overall I would say it was a terrible experience, and I def will not go back to this location.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Sarah K

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

If you want a ghetto motel that provides NO breakfast, NO hot water, a broken phone, and not even a cheap bottle of shampoo then stay here. We stayed in Reno memorial weekend and due to booking kinda last min we HAD to stay here (cuz that was the last hotel with any rooms). We had to pay $86 after tax for that crappy place. Kids up late, screaming and running up and down the staircase. The place was so packed, and old that we took COLD showers. When I pointed out the problems the front desk clerk said "ok" and not very willing to help. So if u want a crappy hotel with terribly service then stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Star H
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

If your looking to find a crystal palace hotel, this is your place. Our room came with a complementary piece of used plastic for freebasing, slightly used. If your wanting too try this place for an over dose, its perfect.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed April 12, 2014

not clean, needs updating, poor breakfast ,dining area not clean rooms are bad
carpet is black from tracking pavment tar in room, bathroom is very bad
close to subway and sport arena, I would never have found motel without gps

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed December 31, 2013

As luxurious accommodations are not my priority, I've been in many a Motel 6... but never one with such a filthy carpet. I was grossed out, and I don't gross out easily. Other than that, it was the usual tiny and extremely basic Motel 6 room. Bed, shower, soap, a few thin scratchy towels, pebbly sheets. Wi-fi was supposed to be available for an extra three bucks but I wasn't given any info on how to access it, and didn't bother. Certainly no fridge or microwave; not even an in-room coffeemaker that I could have used to heat up water for tea. The outer walls must be extremely thin, as the sounds from the parking lot and hallways were as if folks were shouting in my room. I think i the future I'll spend another $10 or $15 and stay at the nice Quality Inn across the street.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank wordsofwisdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not near the casinos, but close. We felt very safe here and will stay again. Pool looked clean, but weather was not good so we did not use it. Great parking.
Donut place accross the street.

Staff was nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

we just stayed there for hot august nights. I would give this hotel a A+ to it manager. I reservation was messed up and she fixed it and made us very happy clients, our room was very nice, loved having a fridge and microwave. The rooms was very cleaned each day. I would for sure stay there again and recommend it to people.. thanks for wonderful stay Mote 6...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple