“A very good value, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable and clean room.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Reno-Virginia Plumb

Motel 6 Reno-Virginia Plumb
Ranked #45 of 66 Hotels in Reno
Boise, Idaho
“A very good value, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable and clean room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Prior to my trip this summer, I read a lot of reviews for economy motels in Reno. I was discouraged by what I read on more than a dozen different establishments. Since I had a good experience with this Motel 6 about 8 years ago, I decided to take a chance and again give it a try.

I found the desk clerk to be very helpful when I checked in. I asked for a quiet room, and she assigned a room over the manager's office on the pool side (away from the noisy traffic on Virginia and Plumb Streets). Shortly after entering my room, the desk clerk called to find out if I was satisfied with my room -- a nice move that is not often done in my experience. On this hot summer day, the room was already cool. I was actually surprised by the quality of the room. The bathroom and bath/shower unit was quite upscale and very clean. The room was clean and comfortable. It was much nicer than many other Motel 6 accommodations I've visited over the years.

I found an IHOP restaurant diagonally across the street, and there were a number of other restaurants within walking distance. I had a quiet night and the next morning I made reservations for accommodations 10 days later on my return trip home.

On my second visit, I again found the staff to be helpful and I was able to get the same non-smoking room. Again, the room was already cool when I checked in, the desk clerk (a different one) again called to see of everything was ok. The room was quiet, reasonably clean (just some hair in the bathtub, and I had a quiet night.

I liked the location, and if I should ever again be passing through Reno, I'll certainly return to the Motel 6 at 1901 S Virginia Street.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Boise_Traveler007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

After I have read some reviews I was a little worried about staying at this hotel, as long as I had 02 reservations to stay there 5 days in total. But it was a good surprise!
Hotel is good, although it MUST pay attention to minor details, such as provide new blankets, as long as the ones I have used seemed to be very old.
Rooms and hotel are clean.
I have stayed in two different areas in the hotel. One facing background parking lot and 2 nites facing the main Reno Street. NO PROBLEM in both situations.
Staff were really GREAT, since the housekeeping to the Front Desk staff... they do their BEST to make you at home.
LOCATION... just PERFECT! food and other supplies near by... JUST one or two blocks away!
My next time in Reno will be AGAIN at this Hotel!

Room Tip: not too spacious... blankets need to be changed...new ones MUST be offered.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank aldefor
Leland, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

The price is right $35 a night but you have to pay for Wi-Fi and the rooms are small and not very clean or cozy. It is right off the street parking and you can hear the traffic through the walls. Hotel staff was very nice and there is on site laundry but personally I will not be going back

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank casie1809
m60017, General Manager at Motel 6 Reno-Virginia Plumb, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your concerns on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us, and we thank you for choosing Motel 6. We are deeply sorry to hear that you did not like the room.

We strive to offer our guests a clean, comfortable, and safe room throughout all of our properties and we are, once again, deeply sorry that you were disappointed in your stay at Motel 6.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stayed here for a week. I use my own sheets & towels. But I saw cigarette burns on comforter & towels were thin. I heard everything that my upstairs & next door neighbours did & said. Didn't hear much of the traffic on busy Virginia/Plumb. Many restaurants, fast food, grocery stores in close by walking/driving distance. Do not recommend China buffet. Gross chicken fried rice. Great Virginia lake park within walking distance. The staff were ok. They had 1 new lady working front desk that obviously needed assistance as she was slow. I didn't like that she wasn't discreet about room #s & full names. Especially with me being single woman. I half recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
m60017, General Manager at Motel 6 Reno-Virginia Plumb, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and apologize for the front desk giving out your room number and name there is no excuse even if she is new we should never give out that kind of information. I'm also so sorry about the cigarette burns we try and replace them when we come across them next time your neighbors are to loud just call the front desk and I will take care of it.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist at becoming better at what we do. It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer, and we hope to serve you again in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I wish they didn't put everyone in rooms right next to each other, especially when there's a connecting door. We could hear everything, I mean everything! A memory I want to erase from my mind. We had our dog with us, and it was hard to keep him from barking at all of the noise our neighbors were making.

• Stayed November 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars
m60017, General Manager at Motel 6 Reno-Virginia Plumb, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
We would like to thank you for posting a comment on Trip Advisor about your stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the neighbors around you next time please call the front desk and ask to be moved there is someone in the office 24 hours a day.

Again, we appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with us; we are committed to satisfy all of our guests, and we hope you will come back to us at a future time.

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

Emmaus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Your basic Motel 6, but in a nice neighborhood and with comfortable beds. Great value at $40.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bern666
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I am here due to moving to Reno. The staff is very friendly. Housekeeping smokes in non-smoking rooms. The shower curtain rod was broken when I arrived. The beds are
from Bud's Bargain Basement, the discontinued brand, they're not plush at all. Seems like the owner could add a pillowtop pad to the mattresses. Wi-Fi is "supposedly here. One pays about 3 bucks a day; cool, but it must work first. After 2 days of playing around with them on Wi-Fi, I finally have the connection I paid for. The other paid days were refunded to me. You will not go hungry here, too many restaurants from which to choose, all within 3 blocks. A nice grocery market is a block away. The mall is about a 1 hour walk away, with many other stores on the way. The other budget motels in Reno don't offer on-line reservations, that put me here. I was told by central reservations that this property does not offer mini fridges or microwaves. Pay a little more for a better motel, even another Motel 6 in Reno. This property has issues..........

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo