“Run for the hills!”

Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Palm Desert, CA
“Run for the hills!”
Reviewed June 18, 2007

We were very disappointed with this motel. It was not clean, the bedding was disgusting. I did not feel safe in this room. The "continental breakfast" was a 1-1/2 inch muffin, Tang juice and weak coffee. This was not up to Super 8 standards and should lose their affiliation with them. You could do much better anywhere else.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty room, unsafe accommodation
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank krbPalmDesert_CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed December 11, 2006

Strangely, my wife and I were turned away from this "pet friendly" hotel because we had pets. We made a reservation through Pets-Allowed-Hotels.com, a website for hotels that allow pets, and then made the long drive up from Vegas with our two puppies. We got there dead tired at 1:00 a.m. and when they saw our dogs, they turned us away. They said before making a reservation we were supposed to call the property in advance to get permission to bring pets. Unfortunately for unsuspecting travelers, they don't tell you this in advance, and I guess making a reservation through a website for pet friendly hotels doesn't qualify as advance notice. So I tried to get permission on the spot and they still refused, saying the room "wasn't ready for pets," whatever that means. Despite my best efforts, they continued to refuse us a room. So there we were, stuck 500 miles from home at 1:00 in the morning with two exhausted dogs and no hotel room, all because the "pet friendly" hotel didn't allow pets without prior permission that they don't tell you you need until you're already there. I contacted the Pets-Allowed-Hotels after I got home and within 24 hours this hotel no longer appeared on their website. So if you have pets and you see this hotel advertised somewhere as "pet friendly," don't believe it.

• Stayed July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank PaulieVegas

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 17, 2006

I had a horrible experience with this hotel and its staff. We purposely asked to be placed on a certain side of the building during check-in, but whwne we got to our room, it was on the other side. When we walked into the room, the air conditioner was in pieces on the floor. We did not feel safe there, so we decided to get our money back and leave. When we got down there not 10 minutes after we checked in and told her what was wrong she had to send a maintenance person to the room to check out the air conditioner. As if in 10 minutes we had the time to break it. It took at least 20 minutes for her to get the okay to give us our money back. I would recommend stearing clear of this place

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, CA
Reviewed December 28, 2004

DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL!!!

This is for Super 8 Motel Reno next to University Campus.

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. I can't believe I paid money to stay here. This hotel was a bad experience from beginning to end. First, over the phone they told us that the room would be $45 per night. When they billed us, they charged $55 per night. Next, when we got to our room, we looked under the bed blanket. What did we find? Was it a nice mint? No, it was a dead moth! At this point, I said to myself, “Ok, I’ve already paid and it’s too much hassle to move so I’m going to give this hotel a chance.” So the first night goes by without any more problems. The second night, the toilet clogs up. It was too late for us to call them to fix it so we respectfully wait until the next morning. What happens when we call? Instead of a “Ok we’ll fix it,” THEY TELL US it’s OUR FAULT for clogging up the toilet. We go out for the day and when we come back, it’s still not fixed. At 5 pm we ask them again and they tell us they’ll send someone in 10 minutes. Two hours later it’s still not fixed. By now we were just about out of patience because we need to use the restroom. We go in at 7 pm and we ask for some help at the office. The janitor is there, DOING NOTHING. Does he fix our toilet? NO. The manager HANDS US the toilet plunger and TELLS US, “If you don’t fix it or we find any damage to our hotel room, we’ll add it to your bill.” Wait a minute? Are we staying at a hotel, or a prison?

I rate this hotel a 0/10, 0 out of 5 stars, and a double thumbs down. The manager’s name (the guy with the attitude) is Amrik Hayer.

• Stayed December 2004