WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of La Quinta Inn Reno

La Quinta Inn Reno
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Other
“Excellent value some minor issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stay here 2 or 3 times a year. Location is right off the Interstate (easy for southbound traffic a little more difficult for north bound since you can miss the exit if you are not familiar with Reno). Not close to any of the casinos but within reasonable driving distance. Getting back onto the highway is probably the easiest I have ever experienced! Rooms are clean and staff are excellent and very helpful with any requests. One major strike against is they offer free wi-fi but their signal strength is horrible. We were only 4 rooms away from the main office and could only get a poor signal!!!! Basically useless. Breakfast is just the standard help yourself style food mostly prepackaged stuff with a waffle maker and hard boiled eggs. Also within easy driving distance of some of our favorite local restaurants but not within walking distance. Overall a very good value for the money with a few issues.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We were literally only in our room to sleep and shower for the weekend. Very affordable for the 2 nights. Our room was clean even though the general appearance of the hotel is outdated. On Saturday early morning there was a lot of traffic noise. Explanation being that there is a large post office behind the hotel. The breakfast selection was smaller than most LaQuinta's but it was enough to fill you up. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2014
Murrieta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

La Quinta Reno was a very nice and quiet place to stay. I read some of the reviews about how noisy this hotel was. After my stay here, it wasn't an issue at all. One thing that could use some improvement is the breakfast dining area. I was very small, and you must get up early to get a seat. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was conveniently located for where I was working. I would recommend this hotel to a friend and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Rocklin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I usually stay at this property when in Reno, NV. It's convenient, pretty quiet even though it is right off the highway and the rooms are clean (most of the time). The manager and staff here do an excellent job. They've pretty much had familiar faces every time I come in. There was a gentleman that used to work the front desk that recognized me all the time. I have never had an issue. However, on my most recent stay, I overheard the front desk representative chatting to a gentleman, either another guest or the maintenance guy, about her "provocative rendezvous". As a guest, I do not want to hear of such personal attributes. It made me feel very uncomfortable! Overall, this is an excellent place to stay however if you don't want to walk into a uncomfortable conversation between the front desk staff and others, do not approach front desk. Call from the rooms

Breakfast is doable. Muffins bagels cereal. Only protein is cold hard boiled eggs and only hot item is waffles, which you make yourself. They are quite excellent I must say.

Beds are comfortable. If you want a good nights rest, there beds will do it. Rooms do not come with a microwave and refrigerator unless you get the room with a single King bed

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had a two night stay on Oct 26. I had a business trip to the West Coast in another city. I had family that were coming to Reno on that weekend. I added a leg to my airline itinerary to meet up with them.

They chose La Quinta as they travel with their dog, and I met up with them. I stayed in a room by myself, they had a room with two people and their dog.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable.

I spent part of the weekend by myself. Traveling to and from Reno by air, I had no rental car. I walked from the hotel to a nearby shopping center for dinner. Closest restaurant was about 1/2 mile away. There were sidewalks. I did some business work in my room in the evening. The hotel room was fine for that. It was quiet. The hotel had an airport shuttle, which I used. The airport is very close, the staff said some people do walk from the hotel to the airport.

Around the hotel is an industrial area, also a big school. No eating places adjacent to the hotel.

All in all, not a bad hotel. If I come to Reno again, I will stay here. The price was reasonable.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor, which is handy. The rooms have doors that open to the outside. Some...