“Good. As usual.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Hamilton
“Good. As usual.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Love staying at La Quinta Inns. Always know it will be a good stay at a reasonable price (most of the time). The location in Reno was no exception. The room was well appointed and wonderfully clean. The staff was unbelievingly helpful. One young lady went way above her duties in spending at least ten minutes drawing me a map a providing directions to go with the map. As usual the La Quinta "Free" breakfast was exceptional both in variety and presentation.

We could have rented a Casino hotel room for probably half the price, but the last time I stayed in a casino it was a zoo, particularly the check in. So paid a little extra and went with the proven and trusted, La Quinta Inns.

Room Tip: I rarely get a bad one at La Quinta.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Turlock, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

My company has an account with la Quinta for direct billing so I chose to stay here on a recent business trip. The place is in a sort of seedy area, so that made me a bit worried. I had no problems while I was there though. I checked into my room and immediately noticed small hairs all over the bathroom floor---GROSS!!! The bathroom was clearly not cleaned before I arrived (at 11pm). It also smelled like mildew. The room was nice enough, looked like new bedding and a very comfortable bed.
The internet went down atleast 4 times while we were there; an inconvience considering we were there on business. The dirty bathroom was a deal breaker for me though and I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Moab, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here in the past and had a good enough experience to stay here again. This stay I booked a king room and notified hotel we had our dog with us well in advance of our arrival. Upon going to our room we discover it is located on the opposite side of the property in relation to the pet area and right next to the roadway. When I returned to the desk to request a different room I was informed there were only double bed rooms away from the road. I decided separate beds was better than walking our dog completely around the motel. I asked the clerk if I could get the rate for the other type of room since it didn't have the fridge and microwave. She informed me this wouldn't be possible because of the short notice. What kind of crap is that? Even if the rooms happened to higher priced during my stay for some reason, which they weren't, they could have charged more for the king room which I did not take. I will be looking for other pet friendly accommodations in Reno next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank FnGenius
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I love how dog friendly La Quinta is and this hotel had a very nice dog walking area. I got in late after a long drive and the desk clerk was so friendly and helpful Overall experience very good and I will stay here every time I return to Reno.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Its not a fancy new hotel however the rooms are large, clean and the location is very accessible to highway and casinos, also close for great restaurants as well.. Book a room in the last building to ensure more quiet from highway and airport noise.. Great Stay will definitely be back. Thanks to a very good staff especially the manager Kim..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

should you be going to reno, hotel prices run from $20 to big bucks. really short money gets you downtown with the burn-outs. big bucks is for high-rollers. in between is laq reno for $64. i stay at laqs whenever possible because of the value and the pro-dog policy. here i stayed 2 nights. my room was clean and quiet with beds too soft and chairs too hard. it was 90 outside, but the ac was a champ. the grounds were a little rundown but not any more than the rest of reno.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
South africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a good stay, the room was clean, everything we needed for a good nights sleep.
I was sceptic when I saw "pet friendly" , but we found the room clean and fresh. The breakfast was satisfactory, so we had no complaints. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and gave us information where to have dinner. I'll recommend it to other travellers.

Room Tip: Stay at the back, avoid rooms near ice machine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple