“Super helpful and kind front desk and management” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Reno

La Quinta Inn Reno
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Green Mountain Falls, Colorado, United States
“Super helpful and kind front desk and management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We got in here a little late but the kind lady on the front desk really helped us. She gave us a great rate and told us where we could walk our little doggie. She even told us how to get down to the casinos in Reno. I wish I could remember her name but she was super kind and caring about us.

Room Tip: We stay at many La Quintas as they take dogs and this one was great. The dog walk area is fantastic...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank 291Canaryalice291

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

After reading reviews about not getting a room facing the highway, we got a room facing the interior courtyard. Big mistake, the courtyard was like an echo chamber. I was up all night listening to other people's conversations, pizza deliveries, doors opening and closing. Try getting a room that faces the back road, it's probably the quietest. Otherwise, this hotel was clean, spacious, had nice beds, and pets are allowed for free.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the back road.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LAS VEGAS, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I don't know why I was worried about this stay. La Quinta has rarely disappointed me in the past. But... We went to Reno to visit family (that happens to work at a major casino property very near this property. We chose this hotel over his property & others in the area as well because it's important to us to be able to see our motorcycles from the room. The check-in process was smooth and efficient. The desk agent very friendly and helpful. We needed a handicapped accessible room, which was well appointed and spotless. The only downside to this entire stay? It's a 2 parter.. Even though the bathroom was HUGE and the shower well done, with a folding seat & bars, there wasn't enough slope to the floor to allow adequate drainage, so the bathroom flooded. And.... The parking lot is really bad. Potholes so big and bumps so numerous that riding the motorcycles out of the lot was scary. We didn't use the breakfast as we had a long ride ahead of us, but I'm really not sure where the others stayed, but We had a really nice stay and will use the hotel again when we come back to Reno to visit family. This is a good motorcycle-friendly hotel, just be careful in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LVGIRLFLYER
Montrose, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Average-to-Good for the cost of the room. Only stayed one night on the way through town but the room was clean and the breakfast adequate. The hotel is older so some ammeneties are lacking (like no elevator) or unusual (the waffle maker was separate from the rest of the breakfast area) but nothing that was a deal breaker.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The only room available was a 'suite.' Arrived late with my 2 yr old to find no elevator to room. I carried my son & luggage upstairs to find desk person and maintenance man at my door saying that they thought somebody was already in that room. There was, so I moved. My suite was 20 ft from the ice machine that started being used at 5am, and right above the waffle maker in the lobby. The waffle maker beeped multiple times every time a waffle was made starting at 6am.

Upon entering my bathroom for the first time found black hairs on the floor. There were stale pretzels & crumbs under edge of chair and dust caked along the edge of carpet. The maid service was awful. We (a family of 4) ran out of towels & shampoo on day 2. Front desk assured me she would come to my room and clean. When we arrived back at 10 pm, no towels, no shampoo, and was told by desk nobody available to bring me any for a while.

Horrible service, filthy rooms & lobby, really run down.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

Pagosa Springs, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Best part? Easy access to highway 395 so you can leave.

The hotel is falling apart - the pavement surrounding it is broken, cracked, and VERY bumpy as you try to park your car/depart. Rooms are very old and poorly appointed, shower/toilet is amazingly small, and the bathroom doorway is so narrow that it's difficult to walk through it without bumping elbows on the door frame. The bed was adequate, pillows (interior designer 14x14 inch type) very uncomfortable - a good night's sleep evaded us for the 3 nights we were there. There were few 110VAC outlets to charge cell phones/tablets - had to buy an extension cord.

The hotel is close to a trucking yard, and noise passes easily through the walls. Noise from highway 395 also easily finds its way in. It's NOISY.

The breakfast was minimal fare, and on two mornings they were missing the cuisine they advertised to be available - it may have appeared later in the morning, but it wasn't there when we stopped in for breakfast. The breakfast area is cramped, with barely the room needed to pass by those seated to get to the food.

The front desk staff was a hit or miss proposition when it comes to being approachable and friendly. The housekeeping staff was very good - I'm happy my high school Spanish has stayed with me over the years - they are represent a very nice and hard working staff.

NOT a good example compared to other La Quinta hotels we've stayed in. Not coming back. Did I mention it was NOISY?

Room Tip: Don't think there are any tips I can give for obtaining a good room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pagosajoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Was going to book with Circus Circus but for one night there, I got the whole vacation price here! So of course I went with La Quinta. The breakfast has lots of options, so that's one less meal you'll have to pay for! If your looking to do a Reno trip on the cheap, I'd highly recommend La Quinta!

• Stayed March 2013