“happy trucker”

Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Blue Springs
“happy trucker”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

plenty of truck parking, front desk made me feel like they wanted me there, a wonderful stay, i most diffently will be back. wished more of your hotels had truck parking, would stay more often & so would other truck drivers.again, thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

1 Thank Alan H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 2, 2012

An older property that shows, but it was affordable, clean and did not smell like cigarette smoke like many other hotels in Reno. Not a bad place at all my only complaint was the individual outside room entrances not an entrance to an internal hall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Family trip to play in a Carson city baseball tourneyment.A fourty minute drive from hotel to Carson city but worth the return trip staying in Reno,close to all major resorts.Hotel room was a little small,could have used a little refrigerator,nice 32 inch flat screen HD television,pool was small and no jacuzzi but overall stay was comfortable.The price was right for room and location

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was 100% pleased with my stay at the La Quinta in Reno. My king size room was spacious, had a recliner and came with a refrigerator. Fellow visitors were quiet and I slept great! I would definitely recommend staying at this La Quinta.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Renton, Washington
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I dislike writing bad reviews, so this will be a rarity for me.

We arrived late in the night, tired from a long drive. Since La Quinta has always been our favorite chain, I decided to give this one a try. Unfortunately we had nothing but bad luck. Since my husband is 6'3", we knew a room with two double beds wouldn't be comfortable so we had to pay the higher price for the single king.

We always carry a lot of stuff with us (cooler full of food, another full of beverages, "kitchen stuff" if we decided to pull off somewhere with no microwave, etc). This is a two-story hotel with no elevator. They had nothing on the bottom floor so we had to make several long trips up the stairs. If we had known that we might have looked elsewhere.

Even though our room was a decent size, it had such an overpowering smell of disinfectant that it was hard to sleep. The only towels in the room were two, which appeared to have been left over from the previous occupant. There was no bath mat, no soap, and a ring in the tub. We had just traveled through the Bonneville Salt Flats and were hoping to be able to take a shower. Unfortunately we were both too exhausted to complain or call for more towels that evening.

I've always been impressed with La Quinta's breakfasts, so was a bit surprised to find this one on a slightly skimpy side. Yes, they had waffles, fruits, yogurts, and hard-boiled eggs along with the rest of the continental breakfast, but the area was very small and crowded, and unlike the one we stayed at in Provo, there was nothing hot to eat except waffles or oatmeal.

When we checked out we let the front desk know of our frustrations and they gave us a 20% discount, but we still feel that for a chain of this caliber it shouldn't have been an issue. We will continue to stay at La Quinta hotels, but probably won't be back to this one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Petronellatart

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

Dayton, Nevada
Reviewed June 30, 2012

From the outside it doesn't look that great. Inside, the rooms were very clean, even the pull out couch was clean under it. I've had bad experiences with there being lots of debris under those couches in other hotels. Bathroom was nice, customer service was good. One thing I will warn about is their pet policy. I've never run into this at any other LaQuinta. They have you sign something( My husband signed without even reading it and I asked for a copy after he told me) when you check in saying you're allowed two pets only and all the other usual stuff, don't leave them in the room unattended, won't service if they are in the room etc. That would have been nice to know BEFORE we drove 700 miles there with our four dogs (we were actually in town for vet care for one of them). I looked and looked all over lq.com and the hotels individual site and found nothing about that. I felt like a criminal lurking with the dogs. What could we do? We were already there. I suppose I would have bought another room if push came to shove.I have to give a five star rating for their dog area. Nice sand, with grass in the middle, benches to sit on and it was very clean. Definitely NOT thanks to some dog owners, but I have to assume the hotel staff cleans up every day, as I would see piles left there and gone when I went back. Please people. Those of you that travel with pets CLEAN UP AFTER THEM! One day our privilege to travel with our dogs will be taken away because of those of you that don't pick up after your dogs. How hard is it, especially when they provide bags for you? We were facing the freeway but I swear I never heard any freeway noise. We were in one of the two suites they had, and the one drawback was the ice machine was right in the hall. THAT made a racket at 5am.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank poodlepuffer
Graeagle, California
Reviewed June 25, 2012

During the months of Sept. through mid-April, the hotel is quiet, clean, has a good breakfast, and is overall an excellent place to stay for the value. It is convenient to the airport, easy freeway access, and is pet-friendly. We have stayed there numerous times and have been quite satisfied. We had an entirely different experience in June! Although the pool hours are clearly marked, large groups in and around the pool and the courtyard could be heard laughing and shouting until well after midnight. Our room was actually located at the very end of the courtyard, far away from the pool. People were running up and down the exterior hallways and staircases. We came away realizing it is a great place to stay most of the year - but we will not stay there again during the summer season.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business