“I don't Like Billing Surprises”

Americas Best Value Inn - Reno
Ranked #44 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reno
“I don't Like Billing Surprises”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

The WiFi connectivity and speed was sub-standard, at best. And I don't like surprises on my final bill, like a Security Warranty. Security Warranty??? If that was for the in-room safe, that charge is so old school. Besides, the door on the safe in room 117 was missing the key. Check it out. If you're going to charge me for something, at least make it available for use.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Reno
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Everything about our stay was fine. No bed bugs, nothing gross. Management was chill. Just be aware not all rooms have fridges/microwaves (at least our's didn't). Stayed for the University of Nevada, Reno's road race (cycling) weekend. Location is very close to both the University and downtown Reno. Totally recommend it for the price. Good selection of oatmeals for breakfast too, and great quality of bananas (big and perfect ripeness).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Selma, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was amongst the most vile hotel stays I have ever had. I am a frequent traveler and often use Priceline to book my Hotels. I booked 3 rooms at this hotel. When we checked in, 1 of the rooms was already occupied, no big deal that can happen. I went to the front desk to get the room changed and they gladly gave me a new room. We then went to our rooms. The smell of curry permeated all of our rooms. There was mold throughout the bathrooms in all rooms. I realized what kind of place I booked when I booked so I could deal with all of what I consider minor issues. However the real issue started when I woke up on Sunday morning and realized my sheet had old, dried blood droplets all over it as well as Mold on it. I immediately contacted the front desk whom said there was nothing they could do because I booked through priceline.com - I then contacted priceline.com whom said they would look into it. 3 days later I contacted the hotel manager Leon and he said that priceline would not be offering a refund and that his maids had said the blood was not dry. I contacted priceline again and they said they had spoken to Leon who declined my request for refund because I did not go to the front desk at the Hotel first.

The facts are this. I slept in someone else’s dried blood at this Days Inn. The rooms were all full of mold. The rooms all smelled. The front desk & manager refused to do anything to rectify the situation. I would highly recommend not staying here.

Room Tip: We rented 3 rooms in this Hotel and they were all Terrible!