“NEVER AGAIN will I stay at a Days Inn”

Americas Best Value Inn - Reno
Ranked #45 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed July 2, 2012

None of the "included amenities" were included. Ice machine is broke. No soap or shampoo was in room. Only one towel was in room. Manager said that it's the housekeepers fault. Different employee said that they were out of soap, shampoo, and everything else that is expected at any hotel. internet didn't work. I had to leave a day early because all the problems. Open electrical boxes in the room. I asked for a room where I could park my motorcycle in front so I could keep an eye on it. Instead of \what I was promised, the parking spaces in front of my room were handicap and I wasn't allowed to park there. DAYS INN's flat out suck! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Room Tip: All of the "good rooms" are at other hotels...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Reno

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for about a month while moving to Reno. We had some issues while closing on the home we were buying and had to stay in a motel while waiting. This place served us well for the month. The price was right, the rooms were clean, and the staff was more than accomodating. After a month though, we were glad to be out of a hotel room and into a real
home, but I would definitely stay here again if the need arose.

Best part of the stay: good wi-fi and the pool
Could be better: more items in the breakfast

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I'm in Reno 2 days a week for work and I always stay here. I've been coming to this place for almost 2 years now. The rooms are clean and the people who work there are super nice. I tried several different motels before I made this place my to stay and it's always been great. The best part is they got real cable tv. Not like some other place where there's just 15 channels of stuff I don't watch. Wifi works well in most rooms I've stayed in but there were a couple rooms where it was a bit spotty. But other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Check under your bed when staying here! After assuming that I had mosquito bites from our stay on June 1, 2012, we returned the following week on our way back through town. This time however, after warnings of bed bugs we checked under the mattress and we appalled to find not only bugs, but a box of condoms! We got a refund, but no apology from the front desk.

Room Tip: Go down the street to the Ramada Inn. It was only $5 more per night with a coupon we found at the De...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca A
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here while driving through on I-80. The front desk was pleasant and efficient, the room was clean and comfortable, and it served it's purpose as a place to crash for the night whilst traveling cross-country. The advertised "heated pool" is not actually heated though, and the property is pretty old and worn around the edges, so don't expect luxery.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room on the side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Decent room, with comfy bed and sofa. Best was the view from the 4th floor (highest one) out the West side, towards the mountains. You can see the snow-capped Sierras and the lit-up casinos at night--a pretty sight. Only drawback from being on that side is the noisy roller-skating rink next door (loud parking lot) but the freeway side would probably be louder. Also, windows don't open, so for fresh (quiet) air we had to keep the door on the chain. Family restaurants nearby. Breakfast pretty skimpy. Some trouble with WiFi access.

Room Tip: If you want a mountain view, ask for the West side, high up.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Virginia W
Reviewed April 28, 2012

If you're tired and need to get off I-80 to get some sleep, this is about the worst place you can choose. The rooms are old, but clean, but the place is right on the freeway, the parking lot is a wreck, and the amenities are nearly non-existent. I think it's too much money for what you get, but I guess the Days Inn brand and the mid-range price keep out the riff raff.

I will not come here again.

Room Tip: Get on the non-freeway side of the motel if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family