“Didn't Want to Leave!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Didn't Want to Leave!”
Reviewed August 11, 2007

We stayed 5 nights at the Circus Circus Hotel in Reno a few weeks ago. It was excellent. My best hotel experience ever! We had a very large room that was immaculate. I would have had to search rather hard to find any remnants of guests-past. It was nicely furnished and decorated with a priceless view of the mountains and city-scape. The bathroom was larger than average and was again immaculate. I was a little skeptical because of some of the reviews I had read about children running wild in the hallways. But in my 5 days, the only other person I encountered on my floor was the cleaning lady. It was very quiet and relaxing. Everyone was extra-helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a great one! My husband was in meetings during the day and I felt safe and comfortable exploring the city on my own. I walked just a few blocks away to the riverwalk and enjoyed the water and saw an afternoon matinee at the theater. The free circus acts were nice as well as the convenience of walking from casino to casino without ever having to go outside. Being from the South, I was amazed to find such hospitality and friendliness in the West. Strangers were quick to strike up conversation and even the few homeless people offered a smile and a kind word. I truly didn't want to leave!!!

Stayed July 2007
11 Thank StephanieG877

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Vallejo, California
Reviewed July 28, 2007

The hotel was okay but when I tried to use the discount buffet coupon from the booklet of coupons given to me by the hotel, the receptionist at the buffet became angry and threw a dollar at me. This was mainly because I was asking her to use the coupon in charging me for the meal. I lost my appetite, talked to the manager, talked to supervisors at night and next morning. I also wrote what happened to the vice president. Nothing was done. I will never come back to this place.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank JennaVallejo_CA
northern california
Reviewed July 28, 2007

I took my daughter (15) for two nights. The check in was great, we originally booked a sky tower room but one we arrived I felt it would be better to stay in the main hotel. The lady at check in was more than willing to upgrade for us, a small upgrade charge but well worth it. The buffet was great and affordable for breakfast. Over all it was a great experience and the rooms were very clean and comfy. We would lke to make it a yearly trip for end of summertime... tons of fun and excellent service in the whole hotel!!!

• Liked — it was clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank up4fun67
Sacramento
Reviewed July 24, 2007

Me and my wife came out for our in September last year for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. Check-in was very quick and the staff was nice. When we got to out room it was nice, We had a double queen smoking room. The only problem was one of the head boards was broken. We didn't care much because we just would sleep on the other bed. Midway was okay not what i remember as a kid. Casino floor was good, Blackjack tables for $3 a hand on single deck was very nice. Loved that the 3 casino's where connected. Drink servers where great always around when we needed another drink. Going back up again this September and staying at circus circus cant wait.

• Liked — Value and Service
  • Disliked — That i didnt get carded at all when i was thier and i look young
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lhernandez47
houston tx
Reviewed July 13, 2007

Stayed in the Sky Tower, a bit of a walk, but O.K. Stayed on the 28th floor, nice view. No line at check-in. The bed (king) was so soft , very comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was how they handle there comps. If you want to use them you have to go to the One Club and they will issue a check to the restaurant or gift shop. Swiping the Card would much more convienent, what if you change your mind? Overall great hotel would stay there again.

• Liked — room was great- soft comfortable bed
  • Disliked — too many steps-hard time finding the elevators, no bathrooms on the casino level
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank pam1h
Bethel Island, California
Reviewed June 19, 2007

It always cracks me up when i read negative reviews on a hotel-I guess it's all about PERCEPTION! Anyway, I'm not a gambler (I know, I know-what was I doing in Reno right?) I have two daughters aged 14 and 7 and i have been coming to Circus-Circus since I was a kid myself and it has come a long way since it's signature gaudy pink and purple decor. Over the years they have remodeled quite a lot! The room was not the biggest, but big enough for the three of us, I mean come on, how much time do you really spend in the room, especially you die hard gamblers!-although the bathroom was oddly large. Our room was very clean-we stayed in the North Tower. The room had a iron, blowdryer. and a coffee maker, unlike a previous review, our maid did leave coffee for us the second day-also we did not have strange "english" bath products-our bath products were Jhirmack(a pretty well-known brand). Yes there were children in the midway area, but I did not see a lot of loose, unruly children running through the hallways-if you dont want to even see kids-DONT STAY HERE!-But guess what even as we were driving around town or strolling around town we did see children on the streets of Reno! Apparently Circus-Circus isnt the only hotel that is catering to children these days! I really enjoyed the valet service, it does take a while to get your car but its better to wait then to trudge over to the parking garage. The walls arent as thin as previous reviews claim-yes you do hear occasional noises but what do you expect? Anyway, it's definitely worth the 3 hour drive and the money-we booked for $47 a night and my kids and I had a great time! We will definitely be back for another visit just as soon as we can!

• Liked — everything-NO COMPLAINTS!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank SunnyJoy
Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 17, 2007

Five of us were in Reno for the USBC bowling tournament. We picked Circus Circus due to location and price. Circus Circus is a short walk to the Bowling Stadium and there are many casinos that are a short walk from Circus Circus. There were many kids staying at the hotel, therefore there were many kids downstairs around the Circus area. They all seemed well behaved and it was never an issue in the hallways where our rooms were.

I had heard about long lines at check in. We arrived around 1:00 in the afternoon and there was a line of about 20 people. We decided to go get some lunch. We got back to registration around 2:30 and the line was gone. The people at the front desk were quick, helpful and very nice.

We used the tram a few times, but I preferred the walk as the tower wasn't that far away. The wait for the tram was never more than a couple of minutes. There were several times the line at the elevator became quite long, but the elevators are very quick and the time we waited was very short. There was one exception. Getting an elevator back down in the early morning was a little bit of a problem because many of the ones that stopped on our floor were full.

The rooms were average size, and the bathrooms were a little larger than the average hotel. The rooms were also clean.

My only complaint...$9.95 per day for wireless. Alot of lesser hotels are now offering this for free. I wanted to use it to help plan my days activities and I wasn't about to pay this for 30 minutes worth of internet access.

One comment unrelated to Circus Circus, but more towards the Reno airport. When we arrived home I was missing a team picture I put in the side pocket of my back, another traveler was missing two steins he had in his bag, a third was missing one stein, and the fourth was missing many things he had purchased in Reno. Has any other group had this problem?

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cost of internet access
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank WxProphet