“Nice Hotel - Nice Rooms - Soft beds”

Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
houston tx
“Nice Hotel - Nice Rooms - Soft beds”
Reviewed July 13, 2007

Stayed in the Sky Tower, a bit of a walk, but O.K. Stayed on the 28th floor, nice view. No line at check-in. The bed (king) was so soft , very comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was how they handle there comps. If you want to use them you have to go to the One Club and they will issue a check to the restaurant or gift shop. Swiping the Card would much more convienent, what if you change your mind? Overall great hotel would stay there again.

• Liked — room was great- soft comfortable bed
  • Disliked — too many steps-hard time finding the elevators, no bathrooms on the casino level
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank pam1h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Bethel Island, California
Reviewed June 19, 2007

It always cracks me up when i read negative reviews on a hotel-I guess it's all about PERCEPTION! Anyway, I'm not a gambler (I know, I know-what was I doing in Reno right?) I have two daughters aged 14 and 7 and i have been coming to Circus-Circus since I was a kid myself and it has come a long way since it's signature gaudy pink and purple decor. Over the years they have remodeled quite a lot! The room was not the biggest, but big enough for the three of us, I mean come on, how much time do you really spend in the room, especially you die hard gamblers!-although the bathroom was oddly large. Our room was very clean-we stayed in the North Tower. The room had a iron, blowdryer. and a coffee maker, unlike a previous review, our maid did leave coffee for us the second day-also we did not have strange "english" bath products-our bath products were Jhirmack(a pretty well-known brand). Yes there were children in the midway area, but I did not see a lot of loose, unruly children running through the hallways-if you dont want to even see kids-DONT STAY HERE!-But guess what even as we were driving around town or strolling around town we did see children on the streets of Reno! Apparently Circus-Circus isnt the only hotel that is catering to children these days! I really enjoyed the valet service, it does take a while to get your car but its better to wait then to trudge over to the parking garage. The walls arent as thin as previous reviews claim-yes you do hear occasional noises but what do you expect? Anyway, it's definitely worth the 3 hour drive and the money-we booked for $47 a night and my kids and I had a great time! We will definitely be back for another visit just as soon as we can!

• Liked — everything-NO COMPLAINTS!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank SunnyJoy
Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 17, 2007

Five of us were in Reno for the USBC bowling tournament. We picked Circus Circus due to location and price. Circus Circus is a short walk to the Bowling Stadium and there are many casinos that are a short walk from Circus Circus. There were many kids staying at the hotel, therefore there were many kids downstairs around the Circus area. They all seemed well behaved and it was never an issue in the hallways where our rooms were.

I had heard about long lines at check in. We arrived around 1:00 in the afternoon and there was a line of about 20 people. We decided to go get some lunch. We got back to registration around 2:30 and the line was gone. The people at the front desk were quick, helpful and very nice.

We used the tram a few times, but I preferred the walk as the tower wasn't that far away. The wait for the tram was never more than a couple of minutes. There were several times the line at the elevator became quite long, but the elevators are very quick and the time we waited was very short. There was one exception. Getting an elevator back down in the early morning was a little bit of a problem because many of the ones that stopped on our floor were full.

The rooms were average size, and the bathrooms were a little larger than the average hotel. The rooms were also clean.

My only complaint...$9.95 per day for wireless. Alot of lesser hotels are now offering this for free. I wanted to use it to help plan my days activities and I wasn't about to pay this for 30 minutes worth of internet access.

One comment unrelated to Circus Circus, but more towards the Reno airport. When we arrived home I was missing a team picture I put in the side pocket of my back, another traveler was missing two steins he had in his bag, a third was missing one stein, and the fourth was missing many things he had purchased in Reno. Has any other group had this problem?

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cost of internet access
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
5 Thank WxProphet
Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2007

I was playing on a slot machine near the Pizzeria restaurant and had just hit the spin on the machine I was playing on. The machine locked up and was flashing "call attendant". The sound card had an error. I waited thinking that the machine would send a single to someone letting them know that there was a problem with the machine. After waiting about 20 minutes my boyfriend went to security to get help. We waited a little longer and no one showed up. Again, he went to security and they told him that it had been called in but would call again. After waiting a little while longer, I went up to the cashier cage and reported the machine. After, still waiting for a while I finally went to the One Club, turned my card in and told the person there that I had been waiting for over 1 hour for someone to come and fix the machine. I turned my card in and told her that I no longer wanted or needed the card and would never step foot in their establishment again. I have been going to Vegas for over 10 years and had always visited Circus Circus but that was my last time ever going there. M. Fernandez, Texas

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank Metallic520P
cinci,oh
Reviewed June 4, 2007

The room (and bathroom) was very large as is everything in vegas. i had read reviews before we went about the beds being lumpy and it's true. the elevators are extremely busy and the wait can be long. despite of all that it's still a good value especially for families on a budget. kids will love it!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — beds, elevators, long line to check in
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank mekasi
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed June 2, 2007

This was our 5th trip to Circus Circus. Early May is a great time to go. We have always stayed at this amazing hotel. We love everything about it. Myself and two teenage daughters have been staying here since 1998. We go every other year. The location is incredible. The staff is always friendly and accomodating. The housekeeping staff is always available for extra towels and pillows. There are so many dining options the worst part of the trip is where to eat. The tram makes for a nice ride to your building, but it is quicker to walk. They were completing the indoor walkway last year. Prior to that you had to walk through the parking garage. There are a lot of little ones and not all parents watch their children, so if you can't tolerate young, noisy and sometimes unruly kids, don't stay here. The hotel caters to families with children and is a great inexpensive fun place to go.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank Krisslynn
Central Illinois
Reviewed May 26, 2007

We stayed there in April for the national bowling tournament. The rooms were fine, but a little dingy. I highly recommend the main tower, as our friends had to walk daily from the sky tower.
The waitress service in the casino is terrible at best. The only people getting waited on were table players. We sat in front of the bar to play slots and never saw a waitress. Ended up having to pay for drinks at the bar. The bowling shuttle between the hotel and the arena stopped running before our shift of bowling was over. Are you kidding me? Whose bright idea was that when you are in the city hosting the national bowling tournament? We had to carry bowling equipment three blocks past the bus terminal at 2:30 a.m. Thanks Circus Circus. That was very enjoyable. We bowl in Reno every three years. We will be sure to book elsewhere in the years to come.

• Liked — It is connected to two better hotels, Silver Legacy & Eldorado
  • Disliked — Service was terrible & no bowling shuttle for late bowlers
  • Stayed April 2007