“Great hotel in a great location”

Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Circus Circus is located right in the heart of downtown connected to two other casinos/hotels (Silver Legacy and El Dorado). You can either walk outside to get to the other two or use the walkways (which house their many restaurants). After we waiting 10 minutes to check in, we got the 27th floor of the Sky Tower. We parked our car on the first level right by the doorway leading to the elevator. We were in our room in less than 5 minutes. The room was huge. It had two Queen sized beds, a desk and armoir, which houses their tiny t.v. The desk had two chairs. Our view was simply breathtaking.

The Casino is smokey, but they all are. It would be fantastic if Nevada would go Smoke-Free! It was also a little dark, but not at all congested despite all the people there when we arrived on a Saturday night. We paid $90 for two nights (Saturday and Sunday). I don't think that was too expensive seeing that we arrived on a Saturday. The bed was not uncomforable, but certainly not as good as ours at home. The bathroom was clean and very large. They must have problems getting water all the way up to the 27th floor because the water pressure was not all that good (though the water was good and hot!). I didn't hear any noise from either the other rooms or the hallway.

The next morning, we ate at their buffet for breakfast (got 2 for 1 buffet coupons). Skip this place! Not good at all! We used our $10 off coupon at the Smoking Gecko, now this place was simply fantastic!!!
]
We sat at the sports bar and put a few bucks in the video poker game (we really don't gamble) and we drank for free. After a couple of drinks and about one hour, we took our money (broke out even) and left. Great deal! Circus Circus doesn't have a pool, but I heard you could use the Silver Legacy's pool. When we were there, we didn't bother because the weather was bad. It was cloudy, breezy and quite cool.

There is a shuttle to take you from the Sky Tower rooms to the Casino, but that is sooo unncessary. Walking takes less time, but there are stairs so beware of that. There is a huge Midway for kids to play all kinds of games. I saw almost every kid with a bag of small stuff animals and a few kids with huge winnings! They all seemed quite happy. Even though I don't have kids, I wanted to see the Midway...Circus Circus did this up nicely for families.

I really wanted to stay downtown this trip to Reno and Circus Circus had the best deal, plus it was connected to the two other casions. It was also in great walking distance to other casinos (the ones that are still opened that is). Absolutely the most perfect downtown location and the best price for a clean, large room with a hot shower (and mostly good food, except the buffet).

I would go back and highly recommend the Circus Circus.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ChgotoCancun
There are newer reviews for Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno

Reviewed June 15, 2009

Nice hotel with lots of amenities. The kids had a great time in the circus area, playing games and watching the performers. My hubby and I had a good time in the casino. Breakfast in the restaurant was good! All in all a good place to stay with family!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The room had a funky and disturbing odor, the noise from the halls was nonstop. A dismal experience over all. Oh and let me not forget to tell you that it took forever to find the ar again. The mammoth parking structures are poorly marked.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank chingonaglobetrotter
Reviewed May 30, 2009

Stayed here while visiting my brother in the hospital nearby, got a great rate and check in/check out personnel were very friendly, courteous and kind.
The Good:
Stayed in the North Tower. Room was huge, nice size closet, large bathroom, appreciated the in room coffee setup. Room was very quiet and had a nice view. For the price, it was more than adequate.
The Bad:
Mattress was like a soggy old squishy pillow, pillows were not very good, towels and linens were cheap quality. Room was not very clean, had to plug my phone cord in behind the nightstand and it was FILTHY!!! I can't imagine when they last cleaned back there. Also, no safe in the room and no minibar. The soda machine on my floor was sold out - odd, since you would assume this is another source of revenue for them. Gift shop items were way overpriced in my opinion.
All in all, for the price I paid it was well worth it. I didn't expect luxury and didn't really mind the room conditions above. Would I stay here again? Maybe but would probably look at the other options in the area first.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Stay was pleasant. Family friendly with a wide variety of games at the mid-way!

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I stayed at Circus Circus for my anniversary. Everything was going so so. I had to wait an hour longer to check in because they didn ot have a smoking room. Then when I slid off of the bottom of the bed, I was sliced by a 2 inch piece of metal sticking out of the bed. It was horrible. Then after waiting for awhile to security and house keeping to come up. They was blood prior to my accident. OMG!!!! Now tell me that isnt scary!!! I didnt need stitched, but got a pretty good cut sown my back side. All they said was "oh that's never happend before, and we'll need to change out the mattress". No, sorry is there anything we can do for you.

Ill double check all beds from now on!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sactown420
Reviewed April 8, 2009

Spent a Saturday night here in January, and had a fantastic time!

It began at check-in..I'd reserved a mini-suite & originally it was to be in the Sky Tower, but since I was on crutches, the friendly woman who checked us in changed it so that we were in the North Tower (same bldg. where we checked in) so that I wouldn't have to walk as far. How thoughtful!

The room was lovely, quite roomy & with a nice view of the mountains around Reno (which were dusted with snow the next morning, how pretty), and the bedspreads and linens were in excellent condition. The thermostat was easy to find/operate as well, always a good thing on a winter evening. The bathroom was well appointed (and even had enough towels, a nice change from many hotels) and quite spacious, and the tub was easy to get in and out of even for me with my troublesome knees.

Everyone we dealt with, from the hotel staff to the casino staff, were fantastic: shout out to Patti our roulette dealer, she was awesome, and to Sara who signed us up for the One Club & thoughtfully got me a chair to sit on during the signup process rather than perch on my crutches the whole time. And I have to say, given that the casino does allow smoking, somehow it doesn't reek of smoke nearly as much as you'd expect; it was more a faint undersmell than the prevalent odor of the place. Definitely need to give kudos to CC for that incredible feat of good ventilation.

We'll definitely be returning to Circus Circus for more mini-getaways; it was an enjoyable experience from start to finish.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple