“fun with son”

Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Circus circus is a great place to get a way with kids, and brings the kid out in adults to. It give parents a chance to experience being a kid all over again at the midway. Wish that food venues stay open later.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Krystal P, Public Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thanks Bobby J! We love seeing adults acting like a kid again on our property, because here, there is fun for all ages! Join our guest book for new deals and promotions on our home page and visit us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I booked through a travel website and got a great deal for our room. The rooms were large and clean and the bathroom appeared to have been renovated with granite counters added. I don't think we could have expected more for the price we paid. The hotel is at the end of the downtown Reno strip and was within walking distance to the strip casinos. All of the staff that we encounted were extremely friendly and helpful. We couldn't have expected more for the price we paid. If you're looking for romance or luxury, keep looking. But, if you're looking for a clean, comfortable room for a great price I recommend this hotel. This would also be the ideal place if you were traveling to Reno with kids. The hotel has a great circus midway with lots of activities to keep kids entertained.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Title says it all. The hotel charged a bunch of "resort fees" when we booked, and then charged them again when we checked out. We found a bloodstain on our sheets. Two weeks after we left, the hotel charged us another $20 for no reason, and we had to go to the bank to cancel the unauthorized payment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank erik l
Krystal P, Public Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hello Erik,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to do what we can to resolve this and look into the problem deeper. Can you send us a private message so we can discuss this with you? Thank you.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at Circus, Circus for two nights in January of 2013 on a road trip from San Francisco to Vegas.

I had no real problems with the hotel at all. They were able to put me and my friends in adjoining rooms, despite us booking seperately, which all but one other hotel on the trip were unable to do.

The room itself was nice and big, very clean as was the bathroom. The bed and pillows were really comfortable and I had a lovely nights sleep there.

The mexican bar in the casino/hotel did amazing 2-for-1 "ice slushy" margaritas for $5. They were very, very potent! We followed them up with a trip to a livelier bar in the neighbouring casino (I think) on the recommendation of a couple we met in the mexican bar.

We had breakfast at the diner in the hotel which was nothing special, but was fine.

The downsides to the hotel for me were:

1. It's in Reno (I didn't like Reno at all, but I didn't particularly like Vegas either, so that's just me)
2.. I tried to reduce my stay to one night as a result of point 1 and was told that I couldn't as I'd booked via a 3rd party booking site. An inconvenience but, in hindsight i think that is common policy across all hotels.
3. My key card decided not to work and after 3 trips to reception, they finally sent a security guard up with me who was able to let me in after i showed him my passport.
4. The smell in the Casino of cigars and just general dirty air was a bit overwhelming, but it didn't go past the lobby, luckily.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013

if you are looking forward to have fun times and relax please visit CIRCUS CIRCUS,RENO. this was my second visit here & my family and me thoroughly enjoyed it. it was excellent from room, casino, midway to the eating joints. I already want to go back go back again.

Room Tip: choose sky tower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My first time staying in Reno. I will return to Circus Circus on my next visit. The casino is clean and orderly, the games have a good deal of variety. Parking was easily accessed, the room was clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Overall very friendly staff and the rooms and bed make you feel at home. Cocktail & beverage service in the casino was excellent. Casino area was keep clean our entire time we where there. large selection of slots to play. Good amount of tables.

Room Tip: Enjoy and have fun...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family