“girls road trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Gold Bar, Washington, Usa
“girls road trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our road trip was really set off by the wonderful stay at Circus Circus. The food was great the employees were outstanding and playing slots were so easy. If you decide to go to Circus Circus you will find walking through you have got so many wonderful stores to use your comp points on the high quality merchandise. Thank you Circus Circus for giving me such a good time, I really needed it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vicky W
Krystal P, Public Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
No, thank you for choosing Circus Circus for your stay! We love hearing stories such as yourselves and hope to see you again real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Patterson, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The One Club has great benefits and offers. The restaurants are excellent and offer a good variety of food items. This is a great place for families. Everything is reasonably priced. The hotel is easy to get to and close to many attractions.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the ice machines.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gail H
Cold Springs, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had a great time at CircusCircus celebrating 30 years of marriage! We went to relax, game,eat great food and celebrate! Housekeeping does a wonderful job and the cocktail flow from the friendly cocktail servers. Great Snack and coffee drinks can be bought a good value at the deli, Make sure to have the yummy affordable room service breakfast delivered!

Room Tip: Wonderful comfortable room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Congratulations on 30 years! We are always excited to hear stories like this! We are so happy you chose Circus Circus for your celebration and hope to see you again real soon.
Los Molinos, California, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

send same offers for both couples and have bigger beds, better coffee a refrigerater and nicer pillows and better airs conditioning deeper bath tubs ans softer towels, and better lighting for make-up.

Room Tip: bigger beds
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Shuttle from airport was right on time. Arrived at 1pm and was allowed to check-in and was no line. Elevators very close to Check-in for North Tower rooms (and were pretty quick) as well as escalator to 2nd floor to Restaurants, Arcade, etc. Room was clean and had a King Non-Smoking #1121 with view of Bowling Stadium, Harrah's, etc. Walls seemed thin as could hear noise in hallway, etc. very easily. No comforters on beds and A/C is weird in that it heats/cools to keep room temp set. I ended up turning it off as didn't want to feel any heat. Good water pressure and quick hot water for shower. Towels were okay and not coarse like some hotels. Wasn't pleased with comps on slots as compared to Silver Legacy but Eldorado wasn't very good either on those. Got a great deal with High Bowlers Rewards staying there for 20% off all restaurants and $3 daily free play slots along with coupon booklet that had a few other good deals like $5 free slot play, Free drink with burger at Americana Cafe, etc. Bed and pillows were a little too soft for me. Used the TV check-out option and got copy of bill at Registration counter as well as Boarding Pass printout. Had a shuttle that ran to Stadium which was convenient for lugging bowling balls to/from there. I did have an issue with smoke coming from somewhere on Fri/Sat night of my Wed-Sun stay. I put towels under adjacent room door and hallway door but still could smell it some. Property was packed over the weekend so not sure if it was coming from hallway, thru ventilation system or adjacent room.

Room Tip: Sky Tower seems to have better views of Mountains, but longer walk. I turned off A/C and it was coo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

The room was nice and clean the beds were very comfortable, very large and clean bathroom. The food in the restaurants was very good and a shout out to the pastry cook for some real good pastry in Favors buffet. Friendly staff and the stay at the hotel was a good experience.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both the north and south tower and the north tower is much better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank moparmagic
San Francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Granted, my negative comments are a bit on the picky side. When they are aggregated, I think it gives the picture of a hotel not being all that it should be. Before getting to the negatives, I want to say that every one of the staff I dealt with was friendly.

When I drove into the self-parking lot at the Skytower, I was struck by how dark it was. Also, the paint lines marking the spaces were barely visible. They need to replace the numerous bulbs that are burned out and re-paint the space markings.

I was traveling midweek, and check-in was a breeze. I asked for a non-connecting room because I didn't want noise from an adjacent room. No problem. They asked if I wanted my credit card kept open so that I could charge to my room. I said that I did. Remember this for later. In the past, I had been given several coupons for use at the various facilities. This time the only perk was for a free glass of house wine at the steakhouse, which was closed during the days that I was at the hotel. So I didn't receive any usable discounts.

Now, on to the room. I walked in and the room looked okay. Then I noticed that the alarm clock was on a table about six feet from the bed. I unplugged it so I could put it on a nightstand next to the bed. Not enough accessible outlets! I decided to do without the lamp on the desk so that I could plug in the alarm clock. Also, the fan for the air conditioning was a bit loud, even in the "LO" setting.

The following day I had a nice lunch at the Americana Cafe. I showed my guest card so that my account at the hotel would be charged. No go. The cashier said that their system showed my account at the hotel was closed out. I paid by credit card. I went to the front desk to find out why I couldn't charge to my room at the restaurant. The clerk said that the system showed that I should be able to. Back to the Americana Cafe. I asked to speak to a manager. She checked the system and said it showed that no charges to my room were allowed because my account at the hotel was closed out. She got on the phone and called the front desk. After some discussion with them, she said my hotel account was now open. When I went back to the restaurant for dinner, my guest card was accepted.

For me, the number of rather small issues made my stay at the hotel somewhat unsatisfactory. The next time I travel to Reno, I'll look into other hotels, rather than automatically selecting Circus Circus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Art161
Krystal P, Public Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We are terribly sorry that your stay with Circus Circus was not perfect. We are pleased to read in your review that the staff did everything they could to help with this process and will take your feedback and transfer to the manager to make these changes. Thank you for your feedback.