“Nice for a Family, but bring money!”

Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was there with my wife and two kids. (7 year old boy, 12 year old girl) Room was dated but ok. I know we were staying in one of the older rooms. There is free wifi, but only for one device, if you want it on more devices you have to pay extra, something to consider with kids! There are lots of things for the kids to to, arcade, games etc but none of them are free, bring lots of quarters! The eating places were very good, and you can walk to other casino's without going outside. Reno has lots of other things to do as well. I highly recommend a day at Lake Tahoe, and a day at Virginia City both are lots of fun for the whole family,

Room Tip: HIgher floors have pleasent views usually. Ask for the North Tower, rooms are newer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Douglas O
There are newer reviews for Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I like going to stay at a casino and getting all of the benefits without gambling a penny........

This place is beat up pretty bad,at some point they have to remodel, the rooms/rates are barely worth it, but we did sleep pretty well... and took a decent shower...the parking garage was a haul to the south tower and a $48 room with all the taxes and ups cost closer to $75....I would never pay the $135 on the weekend to stay here...Kids everywhere but what do you expect at the C

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Foodcritic11_11_11
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Were not able to get connecting rooms at the time. The front desk attendant went out of her way to make sure we were all together. Put our rooms across the hall which was just as good. The bar staff take care of you any hour of the day and the food is always excellent, especially breakfast at the cafe. Plan on returning soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John J
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed one night with family. We are not gamblers but had always heard that casinos are great spots for nice, yet cheap accommodations and food. We thought this place was ok. Not cheap, food was expensive. There seems to be lots going on but knowing when is a challenge.

Comfortable beds, clean room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristin R
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Was passing through Reno on a long 2 day drive and needed a place to spend the night. Checked online for room rates in the area and Circus Circus had one of the best rates available. Called and made my reservation, a very quick and easy process. I told them I would be arriving late and they told me no problem, my room would be reserved. On check in the staff was very friendly. My room was nice and clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. In the morning I used room service for my breakfast and they delivered my meal within the time frame given and the delivery girl was very friendly. I had intended just to sleep here and leave but I was actually a couple hrs ahead of schedule and I had noticed some info in the room about their players club card benefits. There were some good incentives for signing up (some free slot and table game play) so I decided to spend an hour or so in the casino. I was able to play for well over an hour just on my free chips/slot credits. When it was time to go I hadn't won, but left with no additional money out of my pocket. Not a bad deal at all. Front desk staff was very friendly at check out. Overall a great experience here. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bill C
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Visit Reno one to two time a year, have stayed at Circus several times, know what it is about. The price was great even adding in all the resort fees, what ever those are. However this time we were there was M to W and several areas of the shopping, eating, games areas shut down. New to me, may be common. Food prices seemed a lot higher than last time. Room was good, clean, everything worked, staff was good and helpful. Most likely will stay here again as location and price is always good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We were hesitant to stay at Circus Circus after reading reviews, but once we checked in we knew we made the right choice. The front desk employee was extremely friendly and accommodating. We got into our room and loved our beautiful mountain views. My mother in law thought her mattress was too soft and called and asked if we could switch rooms to have a firmer matteress. Housekeeping was at our door within minutes withh a new mattress for her. The second night of our stay, my daughter (who has extremely sensitive skin) broke out in a rash. We notified the front desk and they said it happens because of the industrial strength laundry detergent they use. They treasure all the bedding in milder detergent and continued to do so for the rest our our stay (9 days total). The staff went above and beyond our expectations. The arcades kept the kids busy. We love Circus Circus! Can't beat their price and services!

• Stayed: April 2013