“No recommendation to return”

Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a review as a one night stay person on a road trip so no interest in casino so please bear that in mind for this review. We arrived tired after driving all day and had no reservation. Check in was very indifferent almost unfriendly. The room was spacious and clean but like the hotel very dated. The bed was comfortable and room reasonably quiet. No told about free wifi just assumed it was and so when tried to use it found I had to pay, however later found out it was free but to give them credit when I mentioned it to the same unfriendly receptionist she did apologies and refund a large part of what I had paid on check out. We didn't like the in house restaurants so went outside. Wouldn't go back but it was okay for one night and I'm sure people who love the casino would like it. We used the gym which was okay too.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CD323

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Fun Atmosphere. Staff at Circus Circus make you feel comfortable and welcomed. Entertainment and restaurants are awesome. The kids area is also fun. Very comfortable beds/pillows. Clean rooms. Very clean bathrooms.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Never liked staying at Circus in the past due to all the kids.But slow time of year so thought I would give them another try. Got a great deal on a suite so decided to do a girls trip with my sister. When we checked in they were very nice and offered us two joining rooms with all the amenities the suite would of gave us. We were much happier having our own rooms. As with all Reno hotels updating is needed, but the beds were very comfortable here, and hotel staff very nice. Loved the sports bar where we spent most our time while at the Circus Circus playing video poker. We seem to be able to play a long time on just $20, and the bartenders were very good about comp our drinks while playing. This is the biggest tip I can give is when sitting at the bar playing make sure you tip the bartender with EACH drink and you will never go empty. Even just a $1, and if you drink a high end liquor it is well worth it. Plus you get to gamble while enjoying a game on all their large screen TV's. The thing I really appreciated due to being two women sitting at a sports bar, is that the bartenders never let any game watchers shout foul language. We were very comfortable and felt safe and taken care of at this bar. The cafe food wasn't very good at all, huge slice of ham for breakfast which looked promising but it had no flavor and most of both our meals was left at the table. Their rewards card program was good and gave good comps. Those cards are always so hard to understand the details but they have a very friendly helpful staff at the rewards counter so we were able to take advantage of the cards rewards very easily. One thing I didn't care for much about the rooms is that the windows don't open at all, I like fresh air so even if it just opened a crack would of been nice. I see they are redecorating some of their rooms, so maybe they will be nicer. All in all we enjoyed our stay there, for the price it was well worth it

Room Tip: They are doing some remodeling so ask for a new room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We always have a great time at circus circus. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are nice and very clean. Nice location, great places to eat. The kids always enjoy the games and the shows. I would definitely recommend this place if you have kids. Great place to stay.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This room was Very spacious. At check in I almost upgraded to a suite. I am glad I didn't because the hotel room eas more then enough. Having a large family with 3 busy kids this made our stay very comfortable. The hotel room could use a little updating a bit from the 80s but was very clean.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jmeleerod4
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have always been please with my stay at Circus Circus sooo have never ventured out to try any other place. The rooms are very comfortable. everything you need is right there. very kid friendly and very accessiable.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

circus circus covers all the bases...an excellent value. I was exhausted after a fairly aggressive afternoon of skiing. I checked in to circus circus and immediately refreshed myself with a hot shower. I then treated myself to a wonderful steak dinner at their fine steakhouse. great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends