“One step up from Motel 6”

Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The beds do not have comforters, just two thin sheets. The walls are thin and the room I had was just cheap looking. They said they upgraded my room I cringe to think what a non upgraded room looked like. It fun for kids with the games and all, but I often wonder how much harm the smoke does to kids lungs. I went doen to play game for 30 minute and came back to my room smelling like I smoke a pack of cigarette. The smoke from the casino floor just goes up to the floor were the games are. Horrible ventilation keep my nose running and congested the entire stay. If your in reno, stay somewhere Circus circus is run down

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hotelman08

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Kids welcome here! Anywhere I go in the public areas of this property there are kids running around everywhere.

My suite was clean and well appointed. Very chilly though dress warm. Price seemed reasonable but did like having to take a tram or walk across the street from my room to get to the restaurants or the casino.

If I have to return I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank caburpee
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We've been meeting at the Circus Circus in Reno for the past 10+ years, friends and family, for a long weekend to celebrate birthdays and watch/wager on the NFL Divisional Playoffs. We love the hotel, the people, and the casino. Exceptional Value!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very nice ambience.. Kid friendly.. Great place for the family!! Comfortable bed and great amenities! We enjoyed the free shows and the midway fun!! I also like the fact that if you ask for a non smoking room, they Will put you in a non smoking floor. And the price is definitely a plus! We will definitely come back soon.

2  Thank Pnaicali
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I really wanted to give a decent review. We stayed last ski season (Spring) on a Groupon deal and it was average - a bargain stay for skiing in North Lake Tahoe. This time w/ a small child we figured some ski lessons and fun games - this would be great. Unfortunately, the recycled air made the stay horrible. We didn't stop sneezing until we were out of the building. It didn't help that there are only sheets and a blanket on the beds - no comforters and we had to keep the heater going all night.

Cons: bad air, old furnishings/outdated, no kids menu at steak house, rude hostess at Cafe American, no comforter

Pros: inexpensive, fun for kids, in general good customer service

1  Thank Desink
Reviewed January 14, 2013

It's so great. I hope everyone has the same my thinking. If i have more benefits from you , i will enjoy my life and make more fun for my friends and my family . To me enjoying the hotel and playing game at your casino is one of my interesting and my friends. Especially, my kids love the midway fun games that help them enjoy thier life after the end of school .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I often stay here while traveling to and from visiting my family in northern California every year. We like how easy it is to get into and out of and that we can go to the Silver Legacy and the Eldorado without going down to street level. We have never had any trouble with the rooms or service. The beds are a bit softer than we like, but the rooms have always been clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Reno hotels
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
The Sands Regency Casino Hotel
Harrah's Reno
Harrah's Reno
#20 of 64 in Reno
Whitney Peak Hotel
Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel
Silver Legacy Resort and Casino

Been to Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno

Address: 500 N Sierra St, Reno, NV 89503-4717
Location: United States > Nevada > Reno
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Best Value Hotel in Reno
#6 Casino Hotel in Reno
#10 Family Hotel in Reno
#13 Romantic Hotel in Reno
Price Range: $51 - $153 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno 3.5*
Located in downtown Reno, Circus Circus is connected to the Eldorado and Silver Legacy by skywalks, creating Northern Nevada’s largest entertainment resort complex. Just minutes from 18 world-class ski resorts, more than 30 spectacular high-desert golf courses and walking distance to unique shopping, museums and the new Reno Aces baseball complex, Circus Circus is Reno’s leading vacation destination. Spacious rooms and suites, a Convention Center with more than 22,000 square feet of meeting space, six popular dining choices, exciting gaming action and free world-class circus shows are just a few reasons to choose Circus Circus Reno. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Circus Hotel Reno