“solid value”

Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I often stay here while traveling to and from visiting my family in northern California every year. We like how easy it is to get into and out of and that we can go to the Silver Legacy and the Eldorado without going down to street level. We have never had any trouble with the rooms or service. The beds are a bit softer than we like, but the rooms have always been clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I base my review of this property mostly on the lack of customer service we received on multiple occasions in the valet and lobby areas. We visit the Reno area at least a couple times a year and this is the 1st time I've stayed here in a long time. Our primary reason for booking here was for the entertaiment of our children. Upon arrival the 1st thing I get from a member of the valet staff is attitude. I brushed it off and chalked it up to the freezing temps outside. We checked in and my family went to our room while I prepared to unload. As soon as I came out the same guy starts to hassle me about how long Its going to take for me to unload. Now I'm starting to get irritated as we have been there for approximatley 10-15 minutes to check in. I unload and give hand my keys to valet as this guy continues to stare bullets at me. Day 2 I get the same attitude from this guy as we came back and forth from the event we were attending. After the second time I had enough and confronted the guy and asked him if he had a problem with me. Then the guy behind the key counter starts in with the attitude and before I completly lost it I walked away and headed to the check in counter to talk with a manager. I explained what has been happening to the manager and he does his best to pretend to care but I could tell by his reaction that this was a waste of my time. On day 3 we were able to check out and load our stuff up with no hassles from the valet staff. We did have a blast in the midway and I enjoyed some quality time on the tables in the Silver Legacy. The deluxe room was dated but big enough for my young daughter and son to play around in. Because of the actions of a few, we will never stay here again! Back to the Grand Sierra for this family where we get treated like guests!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We loved the room at circus circus because it is very spacious and we also get a nice view of downtown Reno and the Sierra. The beds are clean but they are a little too soft for my back. I personally prefer firmer mattress and the ones at circus circus are not firm enough for my taste. We always stayed at circus circus especially when they have promotional rates going on. For example, for this visit, I think we paid $27/night + ~ $6/night resort fee + tax, which came up to less than $36/night. Not bad considering that you can drive to Tahoe in less than 1 hour and ski the whole day and be back again. We will be back again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Went to the hotel with family and lots of stuff to see and eat, its great to have kids because there are tons of play areas inside the hotel and good food very cheap.
overall the place was really worth it.

2  Thank Ely G
Reviewed January 10, 2013

we had a great stay will be coming back room was nice and clean ask for a room with a veiw top floor facing west house keeper did and excellentent job cleaning our room even told us about a needle and thread we need to call house keeping and request sewing kit

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

To my surprise this hotel is not as smokey as other hotels in this area. Decent room for the price, its good for families with children but there is no adult entertainment (clubs, lounges). This hotel is in great need of a makeover from top to bottom but my experience was overall good staff was helpful.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Everything about this hotel is great always clean and fun I love staying at circus circus close to stores. parking is great we only stay here for all the fast service the restaurant are clean the food is good when are grandchildren come we love the game room the kids love the dog show thank you circus circus.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple