“Great stay with the family at Circus Circus”

Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Anchorage, Alaska, USA
“Great stay with the family at Circus Circus”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at the CIRCUS CIRCUS Reno because we were traveling with our 11 and 12 year old boys. They EXTREMELY enjoyed themselves at the midway everyday of our 5 day stay. My husband and I enjoyed the Casino with their large selection of gaming. I personally fell in love with the Roullete machine (not as intimadating as the actual table). Lol. There is a wide variety of restaurants. We especially liked that the main street deli was open i believe 24 hours. Plenty of gift shops as well with plenty of reasonably priced drinks/snacks. Next trip to Reno we will definetley be staying here again. THe kids can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went there for my sons birthday we watched the show we played in the arcade and also the guy in the front desk was very nice his name is bob we had a spectacular view from our room we were on the twenty seventh floor and also good value for the price and if you have kids I recommend circus circus Reno hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Mammoth Lakes, California, USA
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just lost a family member and was on my way to the services and realized I booked the wrong date. The front desk didn't charge me for the wrong date and helped me with a new reservation. They sympathized with my loss and were so kind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Davis, CA
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with Circus Circus. I wasn't expecting much from a casino hotel, but my two kids, husband and I had a pleasant stay on a weekend night. The casino and lobby area had the typical 'smoky-coverup' smell, but the room was quiet, clean, and well stocked with all necessities. We ate in the American style hotel restaurant, which wasn't great, but overall I would recommend Circus Circus for family or overnight stays.

Pittsburg, CA
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at Circus Circus for the weekend to serve as a quick get away. We have been coming to CC for years; I has held a lot of fond memories. But Circus Circus is really starting to show its age... The rooms need a serious makeover/renovation. If you stay in the Main Tower, your chances of a nice room is pretty good. But if you stay in the Sky Tower, forget it.... You'll be staying in a room that was last designed in the 70's (at least that how it looks to me). The bathroom floors look like they are cracking and have mold.
The restaurant in the casino Kokopelli's, now only serves Mexican food. They no longer do BBQ and Pizza, my son was bummed out to find out, no more pizza.
The Reno casinos seem to be taking quite a hit from all the Indian casinos that have sprung up. The Reno casino's are looking sad and dreary these days. They need to liven things up again to encourage people to make the drive over the Sierras....
Circus Circus is still a good hotel and would recommend for its price point and kid friendly atmosphere. If my son was not going with us, I would stay somewhere else...

1 Thank joel1316
Coupeville, Washington, USA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently stayed at Circus Circus while visiting my son who is attending the University of Nevada. We had a great time. My daughter and son especially enjoyed the circus acts and the midway. We also enjoyed wandering between Circus Circus, The El Dorado, and The Silver Legacy. The location is perfect since it is an easy walk to the university and also right in the middle of downtown. Our room was spacious and comfortable and very very quiet. We had a great view from the 18th floor. The bathroom was really clean and looked like it had been recently remodeled. We had no problems of any kind. We will definitely stay here again.

Spokane Valley, Washington, USA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room is spacious and very clean with a large bathroom. TV has no HBO, and the circus theme is dated in the tower, but the price and value are outstanding. Getting back and forth from the tower is easy by tram and OK to walk indoors. Price was cheaper through the airline than calling the hotel directly...I thought that was rather strange. At check in, an experienced person was explaining which numbered rooms were near the elevator and teaching the new person not to use them. Noise transfer from other rooms is moderate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo