“Better than exspected”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mountain View, California
“Better than exspected”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I bought the room through living social at a really good rate. Since the rate was cheap I exspected get the worst room in the hotel. I was quite suprised by how well I was treated by the front desk employee (I'm sorry I do not recall his name, but he was great). At check in I was given the option of the location of my room, he did say you paid a low rate so I gonna put in the worst room we have. I was placed on the 20th fl.
Good things: the staff were great all we encounted, even in the resturant in circus circus. The room were nice and clean. In room movies was nice touch. Meals in the hotel resturants were of great quality and inexspensive. We ate at the all american place and there steak place.
Bad: Walls are thin, but unless your and extremly light sleeped you should be ok. No flat screen TV.
I like to Ski at mount rose, so I will definatly book a room at the circus circus when I plan my next trip. It's a great place to stay if you have family or kids. If you can book for $150 or less then I say do it, but anything over $150 it a little to much for circus circus unless your in a penthouse room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hotelman08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Fremont, California
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The hotel room is basic and clean. The fun zone was a blast for the kids. We ate at the Americana Cafe and the pizza place and they were both tasty. The place is crowded, especially in the kid area, but the kids didn't care and they won a bunch of "crap" lol. Later, mom and dad played in the casino and won a little money. We really had fun. Its smoky, its crowded, but its lively and the staff is great. One minor thing...We called for room service and the number said no one was available. We call the front desk and they say "They SHOULD be available" and transferred me somewhere else, and the guy who answered said that room service was closed during restaurant renovations. Hmm. no room service, and the staff wasn't aware? Staff meeting maybe? Oh well. We got off our fat butts and went downstairs to eat and it all worked out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains to the west. We had a view of Walgreens and the parking...
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here as was passing through Reno on a road trip, it was perfectly fine to be fair, a bit run down like the vegas circus circus but had a great game of poker here, reasonable buy ins with friendly dealers, the slots area is sound, very good bar/drink service, had a quick walk round the kids type games area which was a head ache but to be expected.

Would recommend the hotel and casino as it was good value and good location, wasnt overly enthused by Reno but was a funny night out, the average age of people there seemed to be well over 40 (we were 26&26) but still had a good laugh.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Yuma
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed for 4 days because we could put our dogs in their wonderful care center and watch them 24/7 on the TV in our room. The slots are loose and we will be back next year with our Bridge Club!

Room Tip: Mountains all around
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cameron Park, California
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We spent 3 nights here and loved it. The rooms were large and very clean. We stayed in a mini suite which was very resonably priced. The only downside to the rooms is when the heaters turn on they are very loud and the shower temp switches from freezing cold to hot constantly. The midway is great for the kids and very well kept. For the money to stay here it cant be beat.

1 Thank horseloverm
Placerville
Reviewed April 9, 2012

On a recent visit to Reno we took our 13 and 15 year olds over to Circus Circus to check out their midway as something to do. My assessment would be this, if you don't mind throwing a good chunk of change out for you kids to play midway games with about the same odds of winning as the adult games downstairs, then this place is for you. Obviously, the prizes can be won, because there were a ton of people walking around with garbage bags filled with mini stuffed animals they had won, but we just kept asking ourselves "Who really needs a garbage bag full of mini stuffed animals?" Oh, and the midway circus shows, don't get your hopes up too high about them. Although the talent is good, each show lasts between five to eight minutes long with thirty to fifty minutes in-between the shows. It's a long wait for such a short show. If you are planning on staying there all day you could see all of them, but we would wonder how you could stay there all day. I guess it's the same mentality as the people that pull those slot machine arms for hours on end. Overall, if you just want to bring the kids to play a few games, this will fit the bill.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TripLover40_11
Fallon, Nevada
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I had only heard bad things about Circus Circus, but I decided to try it for a short spring break "staycation." Wow, was I surprised! The lobby was beautiful and being a Wednesday afternoon, there was no waiting. Our standard room was clean and large enough for me and three kids. The midway was fun. I do not gamble, but the casino looked nice to me. Importantly, we did not encounter the smoky smell of most casinos. I think they are piping some febreeze through the vents or something. We did not try any of the restaurants as most of them are closed mid-week. The only downside was that the beds were a little too firm for me. I am used to the tempurpedic. Overall, our experience was great and I would definately stay there again.
P.S. we had to ride the shuttle but it was no hassle at all. You can also walk across to the SkyTower.

2 Thank triplfun