Circus Circus Reno
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport(Reno)(Great Value!)
$100
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$81
$59
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$92
$79
  • Pool
$107
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$80
$75
Official Site
  • Pool
$67
$69
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa(Reno)(Great Value!)
$64
$60
Whitney Peak Hotel(Reno)
$185
  • Restaurant
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$60
6,891 results
All reviewscircus circussky towerparking garagehot august nightsnice roommidwayamericanafuncasinogamesccarcadebuffetshuttleblastvegasrates
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My wife, two kids (10 and 8), and I stayed one night and fortunately we weren't able to book another day becaue all they had left were smoking rooms. The 2 queen beds room was fairly clean. I tried to check in at 8:30 AM but the check-in lady was kind of perturbed saying that on special events, check-in time is at 10AM. I wished that when I booked the room, the Circus Circus agent would tell me that! When I called, you get put on hold "until the next available agent." So when you are on hold, the recorded messages tell you that you can check in as early as 8AM. What they don't they tell you is 8AM except for special events. How the hell would anyone know "August Nights" is a special event?

So we killed about an hour and a half in the parking lot and checked in at 10AM along with a bunch of other people. 15 minute wait. We got our room, and the first thing we noticed was the walls were thin. We heard a kid next door throwing a tantrum.

We ate lunch at American Cafe, and it was probably the best experience at the hotel. The food was reasonably priced, and we were all full. I got the pulled pork sandwich for $6. Before we took off to Lake Tahoe, we reserved a table at the Steakhouse at Circus Circus, because I read somewhere it's recommended to make a reservation. I purchased our one night's stay at circus circus from livingsocial.com for $49 (Mon-Thur) and you get $15 credit at the steakhouse and $20 Midway credit, so we took advantage of the credits.

So my family enjoyed a day at the lake, and when we came back, we hit some heavy traffic because of all the construction on the roads. Your GPS is useless when a lot of the exits and entrances are either closed off or some lanes do not follow the signs. Not fun.

When we got back to the hotel, the first thing I did was head towards the Steakhouse restaurant to move up my reservation so we all could shower and freshen up.. The good looking hostess said I didn't have one, but since it wasn't busy she made one for us later that night. Nice to know making a reservation on the "reservation phone" in front of the restaurant earlier in the day doesn't do any good! Since the hostess was dressed nicely, I asked if there is a dress code. She said men need to wear shirts with sleeves and no shorts. Fine, I can wear long pants.

My family and I all showered using the 20 gallon per minute invigorating showerhead. I thought Nevada was a parched state, but I guess they don't need to conserve water at Circus Circus. 20 plus years ago, when I came here during college, the shower was just as strong! The drain was slow, so with in my usual 5 minute shower, I filled the tub halfway.

We went to the restaurant after we all freshened up. Ahead of us were two gentlemen wearing shorts and of course they got a table. 3 of us got the $16 Prime rib special and my son and I got medium rare but we wanted medium, and my wife got the medium but she wanted medium rare. She wanted baked potato, so that's why we didn't switch. (NO, we didn't send it back, I know enough people who worked in restaurants and I know better).

After diiner, we went to the Midway games and used up the $20 credit and the kids had a blast. Got back to the room and slept. We woke up and we all smelled of smoke. Now, the clothes we went to sleep were never worn outside the room. I don't know how we all smelled of smoke, but it wasn't very strong, but it was there.

Our horror one night stay wasn't over. Next morning before check out, we went to the Main Street Deli for a quick breakfast. I orderd an apple fritter. There was one lone apple fritter to the side, and it looked as if it's old because the sugar coating was melted. The other apple fritters were all in a trey on the bottom, and the sugar coating was still shiny. So with my luck, the fat lady with glasses picks up the old apple fritter for me. I asked for one of the bottom tray, and she gave me a tired exasperated look. Like I wanted a day old apple fritter! What's her freaking problem?

I checked out using the TV and got the hell out of dodge.

In summary, $50 plus $15 Steakhous credit and $20 Midway credit is great, but if you pay anything more, you shouldn't come out smelling like smoke. The best thing about the hotel? The 20 gallon per minute showerhead. I wouldn't go near Reno until the road construction is done. It's a mess!

Room Tip: Go through AAA for a $5 credit for the room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PTO-Guy
Reviewed August 12, 2011

First of all.... Reno is dirty and little fun. If you are going to nevada, may as well go to Vegas i guess.

The hotel...... Dirty, Could not understand half the help there. BAD atmosphere, Gaudy rooms! I would not tell an enemy to get a roo there. Well....Maybe an enemy.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank soxfun
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My fiancé and I stayed at this property from Friday til Sunday night. We made our reservations through Expedia and being a Quality inspector for Hotels and in the hotel industry for over 20 years I know why the pricing is so inexpensive through third party websites. We were checked into the south tower and the room was filthy. The shower curtain rod was BLACK. The shower curtain doesn’t keep water off the bathroom floor and I slipped and fell due to the floor wet. The pictures that are shown in the lobby during check in DOESNT reflect what you receive at all. The room had old blankets, old comforters, my feet turned black from the carpet, the TV's in the rooms were 19 inch old box set TV.
If you DONT WANT TO BE DISTURBED DURING YOUR STAY DONT RELY UPON A DO NOT DISTURB ON YOUR DOOR. Housekeeping will still walk into your room everyday and clean your room. So no privacy. I wanted to lounge by the pool during the weekend and when I called down to the front desk they indicated that they don’t have a pool but their sister property the Silver Legacy does, however it would cost us an additional $15 per day per person.
If you can afford the extra $15 per night I would definitely pay it from now on!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in a tower where they have the newly renovated guestrooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendie N
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The Circus Circus is a massive, old, tired casino/hotel property which explains the usually cheap room rates. Check-in is a mess with insufficient staff who are poorly trained. The building looks as if it hasn't been updated since the 70s and signage is poor. On the other hand, we were impressed with the size and cleanliness of the room as well as the excellent and affordable breakfast buffet. Free covered parking is a plus, too. Moral of the story is: it's not going to be like Vegas but it'll do.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We didn't spend much of our time in Reno in our hotel room, but it was a comfortable place to be when we needed to rest. Our stay was inexpensive, and our room fine for the two days we were there.

Room Tip: You will be in the Sky Tower - very far from the Casino and Restaurants - unless you are willing to pay at least $20 a night more.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family