“Great for any size of group”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #30 of 922 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
San Diego, California
“Great for any size of group”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Liked both our lunches and breakfasts we had here. Continued to go to Black Bear Diners in other cities on our trip. Liked this location best. They had a nice gift shop area.

San Diego, California
“Bravo!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

WONDERFUL breakfast. Very busy, but we were seated after just a 5-10 minute wait. Service was good - a waiter and an assistant model. Hash browns to die for - do not miss these! Waffle, eggs, and more eggs for this crew. Spicy sausage - homemade - MOST EXCELLENT!! It has fennel in it, which I don't like and at first put me off, but after the heat started and I took another bite, it didn't bother me at all. Be sure to have some if you like it hot, hot, hot.

Visited September 2013
“WOW - Great food and lots of it!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The sweet cream pancakes are to die for! This is definitely the place to go for the whole family. It was the food highlight of our visit to Reno!

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Good, Big Breakfast!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I HARDLY EVER go to chain restaurants but this one was recommended by people I trust and I'm glad I went. The inside ambience is throwback roadside diner NOT Greek 24 hour diner. It evokes a quaint charm to the place. ALL the waitresses were perky, smiling types keeping with the theme of the diner. Bring your appetite because breakfast was substantial! I wanted a change of pace and the California-Bacon Benedict caught my eye. 2 poached eggs on a split, grilled English muffin with Hollandaise sauce was expected. However, it ALSO came with multiple slices of thick crispy bacon, grilled tomatoes and sliced avocado instead of ham or canadian bacon. There were lots of hash browns AND a small cup of fresh fruit salad too all for $10. Coffee was good and strong. If there was ANY criticism, the hash browns were a bit bland (NO peppers or onions) but I ordered them crispy and that's how they came so they tasted pretty good anyway. I'm probably going back for dinner because I was really happy with my breakfast.

• Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“A nice diner in Reno”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I visited in late August before attending Burning Man. There were plenty of choices on the menu, and the waitress was very good about sharing her opinion regarding certain items. I really wanted to try one of thier homemade pies, but just didn't have time.

• Visited August 2013