“great restaurant, Terrible service”
Review of Stone House Cafe

Stone House Cafe
Ranked #27 of 922 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open Seven days a week serving breakfast till 4pm lunch till 4:30 and dinner and dinner till 9pm except Sundays and Mondays 8pm. We are in a quaint 1920 Rock House located minutes from Downtown, with a cool Rock n Roll Poster collection on the walls and warm colors surround you. Gourmet all day with menu items that will awaken your palate with imagination and flavor. The selection is mind boggling and unique so everyone in your party will find the perfect dish to order. Fresh Fish, Lamb, Steaks, Tapas, oysters, burgers, sandwiches and salads galore. Breakfast and lunch all day is very popular since we are a 24 hour town. The outdoor Patio is like being in European garden where each dining area has it's own ambiance surrounded by flowers and trees. Truly beautiful
Lincoln, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great restaurant, Terrible service”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Setting is gorgeous!..6:30 dinner reservation so it was crowded...Parking is outrageously minimal as this really was a stone home sitting on a corner. We were seated outside as it was a warm evening...however we were right next to a very busy road so heard quite a bit of road noise. We ordered drinks which came promptly, then were pressed to order dinner...we asked our server to give us a little time..Server came back shortly and so we gave her our dinner order advising her we were in no hurry. Wonderful menu! We ordered another glass of wine to have with dinner... Our dinner arrived (almost immediately and before a glass of wine)..We were nearly done with dinner when server asked if we would like some bread...bread arrived as we completed our meal. Asked for the check and waited for server to take our payment...Finally we went inside and paid the bill ourselves. Felt like we were in a fast food place....however the food was outstanding! Will not go back as service was so bad.....there are many fine restaurants in Reno!

• Visited May 2014

phoenix, az
“Undiscovered Country!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Wow, well for starters, it's a stone house!! Upon entering it has the feel of a diner in someones home. It was raining, so there was no outside seating available, unless your were a fish. But there outside seating looked amazing, set against foilage and trees. It was quite inviting.

The menu is rather extensive and they have even more specials that weren't on the menu. You feel a bit overwhelmed with choosing, but everyone at my table loved what they ordered. Our server, Steven, is a tall African American fellow with a booming voice and should have a PhD in menu memorization!! He was an incredible help in ordering our food.

Overall, The Stone House was an unexpected treasure in Reno.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank phxrattleraz
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Was taken there by a friend when I was visiting Reno and I was shocked at how good the food was. I had the oysters and shared the tortilla soup with my girlfriend and they were both excellent. Our friend had a stuffed filet and he never said a word while eating it and raved about how good it was. I had a plane to catch and we told our server that I had limited time and they had the food prepared and served so fast it was amazing. My girlfriend went back with her friend the next morning for breakfast and said the french toast was the best she has ever had and she makes some mean french toast herself so to me that was high praise. She loves Mama's in San Francisco and when I asked which she liked best she said "both". Again high praise. I would recommend a stop at Stone House when in Reno and I will definitely go back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mike S
Casa Grande, Arizona, United States
“Best restaurant in Reno!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Found this place on Trip Advisor. Our experience exceeded our wildest expectations. I love to cook and appreciate an imaginative menu. We had 6 people in our party with diverse tastes and preferences in food. There was something on the menu to please everyone. I was especially impressed with the 6 specials. The preparations were a work of art. I wish we had a restaurant like this in our state.

We were really charmed by Paul, the owner who came to our table to greet us. He introduced himself as the dishwasher. Yeah right! He is a very charming and attentive operator who lovingly dedicates the success of his boutique restaurant to his late wife Adele.

The restaurant is in a charming vintage stone house in a beautiful area of Reno away from the bustle of downtown. There are great patio venues and a fire pit area.

I recommend this to anyone.

1 Thank Jon H
Boquete, Panama
“Imaginative menu and fun outdoor venue”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

You can eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner here, and all meals have inventive specials. Want crab tacos or steak salad or breakfast until late afternoon? This is the place, especially when weather permits outdoor seating in the comfortable garden. It is not cheap, but gives a lot of value. A plus is the great bar with a huge selection of specialty cocktails. The waiters really know their menu and can make great recommendations.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank TahoeNancy

Been to Stone House Cafe? Share your experiences!