“Disappointment” 2 of 5 bubbles

60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We were looking forward to a cooking class that we received as a gift. Glad I didn't have to pay the $85 each. Setting was nice with plenty of space both at the table and at the kitchen counters.
All we did was pour premeasured amounts of ingredients into bowls and mix. No demonstration, no instruction, no challenge. The "instructors" main job was to remove the dirty dishes and bring more premeasured ingredients in zip lock bags for us to mix.
This was a "Paris to Provence" cooking class, and they had steak (low quality cut) as the main course, Socca crepes that no one liked, and stewed tomatoes - not really a typical Provence dinner. Where's the salad, where's the cheese, where's the chicken - and where's the instruction.
Nothing French about the evening. We could have bought the cook book and read the directions and learned as much. The evening was a disappointment.

Visited April 2014
8 Thank RobReno

Portland, Oregon
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“What a Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Was taken there by a local and I knew she wanted me to like it. Truthfully, I would have like any place she selected, but truth be told I liked the place a lot! We ate outside in a pleasant temperature situation! The menu was very appealing and three of us I dependently ordered soup (bean) and salad Chinese Chicken. Must have been good, not even a lettuce leaf on a plate. Personable, competent service. Missed the shop and no tine for a lesson. Very special place in Reno. Don't let te locals keep the secret!

1 Thank Passportalwaysready
Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Cooking Class-Hands Down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Impressive!!! The kitchen was setup for easy teaching...the seperate tables for cooking was excellent...the tables were setup with knives, pots, board, and ingredients for the receipes. When we needed something or help, the chef or sous chef was right there. The cooking process was easy to follow, chef was clear and concise, and helpful.
Overall....I have attended classes throughout the US and Europe....and this was the best organized.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank sansalsam
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent cooking class, food and oh so awesome store!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

In Reno for work and had an extra day on my hands. I 'googled' cooking classes and found this hidden gem. Thankfully Laura was able to squeeze me in for the Ethiopian Cooking class held this morning (Saturday).
Shita Yenneh the guest chef from Zagol Ethiopian Restaurant shared cuisine from her homeland with us. She explained the spices used in Ethiopian food, described the uses of oils and butter and demonstrated how to season and cook a few authentic dishes. Shita is a natural at instructing how to prepare her dishes. Wonderful food. I suggest a trip to Zagol for anyone visiting Reno.
Laura and her team at "Nothing to It" were first rate. They provided all the tools needed to accomplish our Ethiopian journey. The home of Nothing to It is elegantly and comfortably designed. One feels at home but with all of the best kitchen tools, utensils and surroundings. If I lived in Reno, I could see myself there quite a bit. :)
The store section, holds the nicest and unique cooking tools around. You can find just about anything you need or would like to purchase for the 'foodie' in your life.
Expand your culinary repertoire and take one of the classes. An awesome adventure with friendly hosts.
Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Visited June 2011
Reno
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very dissapointed for lunch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

I was in the neighborhood on my lunch hour and stopped by for the first time to have lunch. I walked through the store to be seated in the restaurant and waited...and waited. The couple in front of me were frustrated and left without eating. There were 2 servers, which both saw me and didn't even acknowledge me. I just stood by the "Please wait to be seated" sign. I have no problem waiting, I do have a problem not being acknowledged!!!. I waited by that sign for a good 4-5 minutes, unacknowledged. I walked back up to the front counter and asked the woman. She stated there were only 2 servers, I said, "ok, but they didn't even acknowledge me," She said, "We are very busy!" I was outta there and frustrated.

3 Thank tryclips