8,105 results
All reviews summit room johnny rockets grand buffet bowling alley movie theater upgraded room get away an upgrade great room slot machines lex fun rim casino larry gambling concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed my stay so much at GSR that I took to TripAdvisor to tell everyone about it. Our stay was from Friday Sept 20 through Monday Sept 23. I want to start this review by saying I am an experienced traveler and an avid gambler. I am 7 Star level at another casino but was invited by a friend to try the GSR for gaming and fun. I was introduced to Brett Kuhnsman as my casino host several months back and he has constantly made contact with me to just stay in touch and see if I needed anything. Well I finally called him up last minute and said I would like to take my wife to the GSR for a quick staycation. He and the casino hotel delivered and in a huge way. He took care of my reservations and procured me and my wife a beautiful room. The room was well apportioned, huge, and very clean as well as having a modern flair. We stayed on the 24th floor and had a wonderful view of the pool and surrounding valley. The casino has recently been updated and has a wonderful Vegas flair for Reno but not over the top. Our favorite bar was the Crystal bar with a great natural stone bar with a cool underlighting. The bar tenders were amazing and quick on filling our drinks. A huge shout out to James and Tina. There were many options for entertainment. A Canadian pianist played on Friday but that wasn't our gig so we went into the LEX nightclub and really enjoyed ourselves. Shoutout to Tommy for his help. Wifey went to bed and I hit the gaming floor. There are tons of slots, penny slots, and table games. They didn't have High Card Flush, the wifes favorite, but maybe soon. The next day was spent lounging near the pool. recently redone and gorgeous, with a family pool and adults only pool. The restaurant row was exceptional with lots of variety ranging from sushi to steakhouse. Entertainment for the night ranged from bars, to country dancing, to live band, to rapper Too Short with a late night performance in LEX. Being old school we chose Too Short and had a wonderful time after Brett found us couple last second tickets. Tommy took care of us at the entrance and we danced the night away with a great DJ. A late night dish at the café ended our night. The next day we grabbed a cabana at the adult pool, helped out by Brett again, and invited some friends for drinks, food, football, sun and lounging. Natalie, our cocktail waitress was awesome, and the drinks were flowing and very satisfying. Topped it off with a late dinner at Charlie Palmers Steakhouse, again Brett, and hit the gaming floor for some fun. I cannot say enough about the hospitality, service, and all around experience we had there. As I have said am a 7 Star at a neighboring casino and I received in one 3 day weekend as much hospitality as I receive in a year elsewhere. I would recommend this resort to everyone as it has tons of amenities for adults as well as a huge amount of fun for the little ones. Hopefully your next stay will be at the GSR.

Room tip: Upper floors of course offer better views. The junior suites are very nice.
Date of stay: September 2019
GSRCustomerCare, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Stephen G,

Thank you for this amazing review! We appreciate your feedback and are elated to hear about your experience at our resort with Brett, James, Tina and Tommy. Guest experience is very important to us here at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Most of the hotel rooms have been renovated and are very comfortable. The casino floor has great cocktail service and the air quality is good. There are two movie theaters downstairs, a huge bowling alley, large theater, night club and non smoking gaming area.

Dear 214barryh,

Thank you for visiting the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino and sharing your review. It is a delight to know how much you enjoyed our resort and amenities. We truly appreciate the excellent rating you have awarded us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always have a great experience at GSR. The staff is absolutely Amazing and they think of every detail to make you feel comfortable and important. I recently was upgraded to the VIP level and met Mack J. He explained the benefits to me and asked what I needed. I mentioned a future stay and before I knew it he was assigning me a Resort Host and helping me feel like a valued customer. Thank you Mack and I am really looking forward to my next visit to GSR.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 19fbird78,

Thank you for taking the time to give the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino a 5-star review! We are elated to hear about your experience with Mack. We have passed on your kind feedback to management so Mack can receive the recognition he deserves. We are very lucky to have him on our team. We are looking forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is amazing! From start to finish my stay was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The casino lay out is spacious and comfortable and the staff is great. I loved the resort aspect and family side of things as well. The pool side is beautiful and relaxing. The music bars and atmosphere is great. My room was also perfect! The view was exactly what u look for in a hotel and the layout and modernization couldn't be better!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Frymann12,

Thank you for visiting the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino and sharing your review. It is a delight to know how much you enjoyed our resort. We truly appreciate the excellent rating you have awarded us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The rooms are great , updated and clean, had comfortable beds, nice comfortable towels, big windows, and clean air, everything you could ask for
The staff was awesome, friendly, helpful, and always had a smile

Room tip: My room was quiet, and comfortable

Dear Michael Y,

Thank you for this amazing review! We appreciate your feedback and are elated to hear about your experience at our resort with our team members. Guest experience is very important to us here at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino. We look forward to your return.