Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport(Reno)(Great Value!)
$100
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$92
$79
  • Pool
$107
Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
$57
$50
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$80
$75
Official Site
  • Pool
$67
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa(Reno)(Great Value!)
$64
$60
$69
Whitney Peak Hotel(Reno)
$185
  • Restaurant
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$60
15,314 results
All reviewsbowling alleysummit roomsjohnny rocketsdriving rangemovie theaterget awayan upgradenice roomslot machinesnon smokingbuffetrimfuncasinolarrygamblingstarbucks
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is definitely the best hotel for a family with children. The pool area was my favorite! The kids loved the bowling alley too!
Though I liked the rooms at the Summit, the rooms seemed run down. I didn't feel the rooms were that clean as well.
Some of the front desk staff were rude. (Especially the heavy set woman working in the afternoon - a supervisor of some kind). But, many other employees were very polite & accomodating!
I wish they would have a better selection of family friendly restaurants and better selection of stores. But, considering that it's Reno (not Vegas), I guess you can't ask for too much!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We just returned from a weekend in Reno and stayed at The Summit at the Grand Sierra Resort. The Summit is the remodeled portion of the hotel, on the higher floors of the tower. The hotel shuttle was there went we arrived at the airport. Check in was quick and super courteous. The Summit's decor is dark, and the hallways are very dark. This didn't bother us, and was a nice change from some of the super-over-the-top glitzy casinos. Our room on the 19th floor was clean, quiet and well-appointed. (It was the Grand Suite II). For the super-picky, small notes. Some of the art deco style furniture had been repaired with black electrical tape. It was not very noticeable, but it was there. Also, the bedsheets had a few holes on them (but the bedding was super clean, which is all I ask for!). The hotel was very busy, but we had no problems getting seated at the cafe, and the casino was very nice with some newer slots, and the air was generally very clean and not super smoky. We have stayed here before and would do so again. All in all, a solid 4 stars. DO NOT confuse The Summit with the un-remodeled portion of the hotel (just "Grand Sierra Resort." The older portion of the hotel has not been updated since the Reno Hilton days (and maybe as far back as when it was the MGM Grand.). Keep that in mind when reviewing the cheaper price. Quality wise, the older part of the hotel reminds me of the now closed Fitzgerald's, which was a dump, but clean and cheap.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have stayed at GRS many times due to business. Its very friendly and clean, If you are a pet lover they allow you to bring you pet, if your not a pet lover...no fears they are all on seperate floors, you will howerver see the dogs and the owners strolling about the loby.
there are lots of things within this complex, bowling alley,lazer tag, movie theater,shopping, and many more...enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chantesinging
Gorenotahoe, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

An organization that I sit on the Board of Directors of were invited for a three day conference at the Grand Sierra and they really rolled out the red carpet. The staff was amazing, the food delicious, the pool very entertaining, the shops had a lot to offer, the spa and gym were great. I was first impressed with the fact that you don't have to make your way through a smoky casino to get the main elevators. I stayed in one of the Summit rooms and it was very comfortable and quiet and I slept like a log each night. I like that the room had a small fresh air vent in the windows. The shower was great (always important!) The restaurants on property had a lot of variety to offer and everything we tried was very good - especially the steaks! The club was a lot of fun in the evening and the theatre absolutely spectacular! We even got tickets to a concert that was happening at the same time – awesome! I know that I will refer future clients to the Grand Sierra and will always stay there on my future visits – business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

WOW! What a great review...thank you! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we thank you in advance for your valued recommendations!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was the second time staying at the Grand Sierra and like the first it was great. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and the best was my husband getting his first royal flush on a video poker machine. Then turning around the next day and winning another 2,000 on the same machine. I wasn't as lucky but unlike gambling in Vegas your money lets you actually play for awhile. All worth the trip!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family