“Our heart felt thanks and appreciation”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed April 6, 2014

On Sat April 5th my aunt and uncle were traveling from Tahoe to Reno to catch a flight back to the east coast from a vacation. They were hit head on. My uncle died at the scene and my aunt is currently in the hospital near the hotel. My father and brother booked flights to Reno so they could be with my aunt. I was in charge of the hotel reservations ( and while I booked my brothers room, I somehow failed to book my fathers). Nicole at the desk could not have been more accommodating or gracious. She got the issue taken care of immediately. And the hotel has been shuttling my family to and from the hospital as well.
I want to personally thank Nicole and this Comfort Inn for their professionalism and their kindness and making a difficult time a bit easier.

Thank you to you and your staff and Nicole... Our appreciation and gratitude to you all.

• Stayed: April 2014
ComfortInnRenoGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear JamieinNC,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your families most recent stay at our hotel. Your kind words will go a long way.

On behalf of our entire staff we would like to once again express our deepest condolences and pray that your aunt recovers soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Traveling to Reno for business about 10 times per year, I need a clean, quiet, business-friendly place to stay. The Comfort Inn by the Reno airport run by the Baines family has never disappointed me. The rooms are spacious and spotless, the continental breakfast wonderful. I also use one of their conference rooms for one of my annual meetings once per year.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally clean, quiet, and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BudMan100
ComfortInnRenoGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear BudMan100,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor review. We appreciate the compliments, and your feedback will help us with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Value is great. Location is great. Breakfast was good. Rooms were your standard hotel rooms. Flat screen TV could have been bigger/clearer.

My only complaint is there's no central air. It's all window units. When I arrived, the room was over 80 degrees and I had to run the loud HVAC unit for an hour to get it to a reasonable temperature.

This is a typical issue with hotels in Reno in the winter. You'll find it anywhere that's not a casino-hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
ComfortInnRenoGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear VegasSportsGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Comfort Inn & Suites Reno Airport

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for three nights and the staff at this facility will go above and beyond to see that your stay is the best ever!! If they can do something to fit your specific needs they will do it. The counter staff all the way to the General Manager will do whatever they can to make your stay pleasant. When you see a maid that will get on her hands and knees to scrub the bathroom floor you feel all the more confident that this facility is the cleanest. They also have the largest selection of breakfast.

For anyone looking to book a hotel in Reno for Business or Pleasure "This place is a platinum and gold award winner by Choice Hotel International"

Earning a Platinum Award-winning hotels have a proven track record of exceptional guest service and facilities, representing the top 3% of hotels within each Choice brand. Choice Platinum hotels must score high in the following categories:

•Guest satisfaction •Product quality •Room condition •Room cleanliness •Staff service

Earning a Gold Award means ranking in the top 10% of our hotels within each Choice brand. These properties achieve high marks for providing exceptional guest services and facilities. Awards are based on a ranking system measuring:

Being in the Hospitality field for over 22 years, I was very Impressed.
Keep up the Excellent Work Mr. Bains, WE WILL BE BACK!

Raj Patel, MBA, CHA, CHO

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Raj P
ComfortInnRenoGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Raj P,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Your kind words will go a long way with our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We are travelling across country and staying at mainly Choice Hotels. This Comfort Inn is by far one of the better and so far has been the best Choice Hotel on this trip. Everything about the hotel was comfortable - service, room, breakfast area and Richard the evening clerk made the stay exceptionally enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Norjean

Dear Norjean,

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This Comfort Inn is one of the better in the system. It has been and platinum and gold award winner from Choice and the facilities and service are evidence. My room was large and comfy. Everything about the room was well thought out and worked well. I visit Reno often for business and this has been my preferred place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff H

Dear pklerose,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while in Reno for business in October.

First off, the location can't be beat. 5 minutes from the airport, lots of restaurants and other services nearby, minutes from the large casinos (if that matters).

Second, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast area is fairly small but there was a staff person standing by to clear/bus tables and replenish items on the breakfast bar.

The hotel's rooms are fairly large and clean. The hotel obviously gets a lot of use because its furnishings and rooms all look in need of updating and/or a "face lift."

My only two complaints were with the hotel's policy on air conditioning and the workspace in the rooms.

What do I mean by the air con policy? When I checked in on a Sunday night in early October, it was unseasonably warm outside but, to save money, management elected not to run the A/C over the weekend in rooms which were unoccupied (which included the room I was given). When I got to my room, the temperature inside was 85! The very helpful desk clerk told me she could give me another room but I would be facing the same issue. Luckily, the A/C in the room worked well and within 2 hours, the room was at least a "comfortable" 75. Problem was, this was at 10:45 pm and after a long day of traveling, all I wanted to do was to go to sleep.

Second problem is the desk chair is not tall enough or adjustable to make working at the desk comfortable. I realize I am not a tall person, but this is a pet-peeve of mine: desks with chairs unsuitable for working. I solved the problem as always with pillows taken from the bed, but that is not a suitable solution for extended work on my laptop.

However, given the price I paid for my stay and the location of the hotel, it was a perfectly comfortable (once the A/C got turned on) and average stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank GoldenBear_Husker

Dear GoldenBear_Husker,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor review.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the air conditioning and furniture on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the housekeepers to ensure that heating/cooling units are left on for future guests. In addtion, we are currently in the process of renovating the hotel so expect big changes in the next couple months.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Reno.

Kind Regards,