“Good motel”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Good motel. We have stayed there before. It's near the airport, but we did not notice any noise at night. While the carpet in the halls is getting worn, the rooms are fine. They are large, plenty of room with two queen beds and very clean. Easy to find, as it's on a main thoroughfare, Plumb Lane. Also, easy access to the freeway a block away. It seems a safe area and a Dennys is closeby. Breakfast was good. Lots of parking in front & back of the motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed for a couple of days in Reno due to business and was very pleased with this place. I picked this place because it was near my work and the airport and I am glad that I did.

When I select a place I look for a quite place, that has good wifi. This place was very busy during the days I stayed (could tell due the full parking lot) and still was very quite and the wifi was 100% up to speed. The breakfast was only a plus after those two things.

I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Confidence24
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I had to stay in Reno for a week while I was conducting some training through the military. I figured i would bring the family along and make a mini vacation out of it. Our first nights stay was at Circus Circus. Upon our arrival to our room I immediately new that I had to find another location for my family to spend their time while I was training. After calling several locations and reading multiple reviews I eventually came into contact with the Comfort Inn and Suites. I spoke to a gentleman named Harman Bains on the phone and explained my situation.

Mr. Bains was extremely courteous and offered us the best rate possible for our extended stay. He understood that the condition of the Circus Circus property was unacceptable. We drove to the Comfort Inn and Suites and Mr. Bains took the time to show me a room that we would be staying in. He also took the time to show me the gym and laundry facility. He explained the free breakfast times and menu, and ensured that our stay would be much more comfortable here then at our current location.

He was absolutely correct. The breakfast in the morning is pretty good, especially considering the fact that it is free. They have sausage, omelets, various yogurt options, toast, waffles, hot coffee, orange or apple juice, and fresh fruit. The staff is friendly and constantly asked if we needed anything else. The cleaning crew is very through and ensured we had lots of fresh towels. They vacuumed every day and left the room spotless. More than I can say for a lot of other locations.

The Hotel is located within walking distance of Denny's and a A&W restaurant. Costco is right around the corner and a movie theater and mall are within a 5 mile radius. The bottom line is that this is a very good location just outside of the Airport, with a friendly staff and great customer service. Their hospitality was far greater than anything we have experienced at much more expensive establishments. If I'm ever in the area again I would definitely stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank chuckyhart
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I picked Comfort Inn & Suites Airport because we had an early AM flight out of Reno the next morning, and did not want a long drive to the airport. This place turned out to be a very good choice. The room was big, well-appointed, and extremely comfortable -- perfect to do final packing, then relax and get a good night's sleep before our flight. The wireless Internet was fast and reliable.

The 24-hour coffee in the lobby was much appreciated, since we had to check out before the free breakfast started at 6 AM. When we checked in, I asked if it would be possible for us to get a few little containers of peanut butter to put on the bagels we already had, since we would not be around for breakfast. The man at the front desk, Baines, gladly accommodated us! That was a little thing, but it helped so much.

There was initially a problem with our room. The A/C was not working. The setup was a little unusual for a hotel room in that there was a wall-mounted thermostat / control for the unit. I called the front desk, and Baines appeared within 15-20 minutes to check it out. He brought a spare thermostat with him, which he ended up replacing on the spot. After that, everything was fine. I will say, however, that the room temp is a little tricky to regulate until you get used to the thermostat. Be aware of this and start adjusting the temperature as soon as you check in, so you don't have to get up in the middle of the night and make the room warmer or cooler!

No pool or hot tub here, but there is a nice exercise room. There are plenty of places to eat within a short drive -- not too much within walking distance, but I'm not sure I'd want to walk around there anyway.

Oh -- last but not least, it was less than a five-minute drive to Reno/Tahoe International Airport. Perfect. I would recommend this place to anyone flying in or out of Reno who needs a place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We spent one afternoon and night at this property. For my money, this hotel is a model of customer service -- as you would hope it would be anywhere you travel. The entire hotel is spotlessly clean and well cared for, but it is the efficient and friendly service that merits the most praise. The greeting at the front desk is both welcoming and professional. Each request or question is met with "we are here to be of assistance" attitude. Complimentary shuttle service is provided to both downtown and the airport. It just seems that they are there and ready to go when you are. We had a very early morning flight and we were ready to leave before the published breakfast hour. The shuttle was waiting for us at 5:45am, but they made sure we had coffee and a pastry before we left. The owners and management of this hotel "get it". They are truly in the SERVICE industry. Yes, it's a Comfort Inn and not the Ritz, but it's a terrific choice to make for a stay near the Reno Airport.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank rightboy
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I selected this hotel for a one-night, 'passing through' stay in Reno based on Tripadvisor reviews, and as usual the TA community didn't let me down. If you are looking for a place to sleep that is clean, safe, conveniently located, and comfortable, all at a very reasonable place, I assure you that you can't go wrong with this Comfort Inn.

I was driving to Reno, and the hotel is extremely easy to get to from the highway (395), although the entrance driveway is a little hard to spot. The exterior is nondescript, as is the neighborhood; but this is Reno after all, not a lot of greenery anywhere. Parking was plentiful and well-lit.

The first person one meets at the registration desk can really set the tone for a stay, and the young man who we encountered was extremely pleasant and helpful. What most sticks in my mind was his help in identifying a place to eat dinner nearby. His recommendation (Ruby River Steakhouse, a two mile drive) was just what we were hoping to find, and he made a point of volunteering to call in a reservation for us as the place is pretty popular, gave us a discount coupon, and also printed out driving directions. (Not much selection within walking distance of the hotel other than a Dennys, and a Carrows a couple blocks away). When checking us in the young man also asked us if we'd prefer a 2nd or 3rd floor room, consideration I've rarely encountered anywhere, even at much more expensive hotels.

The room was immaculately cleaned and prepped, very spacious, with the expected basic furnishings. There was a nice work desk with internet cabling, and two phones. The TV was large and worked well, not a newer flat panel type though. A satisfactory selection of stations. The shower was notably large and had something I'd really like to find in more hotels: a large shower head which provides an extremely comfortable and even flow of water. I liked that the room had a wall-type thermostat control for the heater/cooling unit, but sadly the fan was so noisy that I had to turn the unit off to sleep (using a wall-mounted kill switch I found). Except for the AC the room was blissfully quiet. Zero noise from outside or neighbors. The only other drawback to the room: each bed had four pillows, but they were all the same size and way too thick for me.

At $81 incl tax the room would have been a bargain even if the Comfort Inn didn't provide a decent free breakfast. However the breakfast was a deciding factor in my booking there, and in fact it was definitely well above average, offering such items as omelets and sausage in addition to the waffles, cereal, muffins, etc.

Overall assessment: the CI offers a compelling a value at the rate I paid through the choicehotels website (incl AAA discount). I would give it a strong 5 stars except for the issues I had with the fan noise and the pillow comfort, but I would consider it first if and when staying in Reno again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 4Runner4
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Front desk staff is friendly, room is big and clean, internal corridor feels safe, bed is the most comfortable in my 2 weeks travel, breakfast is good, a wonderful place to stay for the price of 80 dollars. I would like to recommend this hotel to travelers without pets.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple