“Noisy and uncomfortable”

Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Concord, California, Usa
“Noisy and uncomfortable”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were given a first floor room adjacent to a " Special Use Room" unbeknownst to us. After settling in after check-in for a nap, I couldn't even do that. The noise from people next door using what turned out to be an inflation device along with boisterous laughter and just a general noiseness. Upon leaving our room for dinner I was told that that room was going to be used for a daycare center for a meeting taking place. We were then asked if we wanted to be relocated, but I felt I was already settled in. I was also told all noise would cease by 10:00 pm. But the children would start coming by 8:00 am on a Sunday. I wasn't thrilled about that. The noisecstartedcat 7:30 am

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Airport Best Western in Reno, Nevada Saturday, April 13, 2013. Everything about my stay was excellent. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The shuttle drivers were prompt and friendly. My room was clean and comfortable and very nice. This hotel is right across from the airport which is why I chose it due to an early morning flight. My friend and I had just travelled across country and had stayed at 2 other Best Westerns on our trip. This Reno Best Western far exceeded the quality and cleanliness of the other 2. I would definitely recommend it and would stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I wasn't looking for anything special when I needed an overnight hotel in Reno, and thats exactly what I got. Standard fare for a BW Plus. Typical room amenities. Not too much airplane noise considering it's located practically on the Reno Airport. Easy to find, good parking (though large vehicles could be a problem). Poor WiFi signal strength. Very pleasant staff at chenk in/out.

One very disappointing aspect about staying here was they remove the coffee in the lobby immediately when the attached restaurant opens so if your not in the lobby very early, you have to go into the restaurant and buy a coffee to-go. To me, this is a good example of cause and effect. BeCAUSE the restaurant dosen't want to loose business by way of free coffee right outside their door, the BW EFFECTively sends coffee seeking guests away with a bad taste in their mouths ( crappy in-room coffee). I know,, sour grapes,,,, but I need my java in the am and I've become used to hotels providing it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the airport side are actually quieter than the rooms on the opposite side where you wil...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Danny_OI812
Eagle, Idaho, Usa
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our check in & check out was quick & easy. Our room was ready when we arrived. Each day the room was cleaned. The staff was efficient & friendly. The location was close to the freeway. We'd definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were very impressed with the Best Western Plus in Reno. The outside of the hotel and the reviews had us a bit skeptical, but the room was clean, very quiet, and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and had a small dining table, a refrigerator, and a nice microwave. To top it out there was a desk with a very comfortable office chair.

The only complaint is that the water in the shower did not get super hot, but the shower head and pressure was sure nice.

We did not hear anyone else in the hotel or outside all night, overall we were very glad we choose the Best Western.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A hotel I've neglected because it is in our home city. We use stay here when flying in and out, as it is across from the Reno airport. Rooms are comfortable, hey have a decent restaurant and an "on demand" shuttle to and from the airport. That also offer a very inexpensive long term parking rate so we can leave our car and know it is safe...and best of all about 1/2 the cost of the airport long term rate. Great staff and good service.

Room Tip: Spa services are not in hotel but nearby. They have a nice pool and garden courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family