“Another good stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Reno
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed here last 5 years ago and figured it was time to review it again. I had a king, handicap room because there were no other kings available. Room was a little larger than a regular king which was nice but the TV remote wasn't strong enough to work the TV unless you stretched out your arm and pointed it at the TV. Bed was comfortable, room was clean. AC worked well but was a little noisy. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Michael A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We are working to correct the issues you experienced. Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Reno

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Hotel is always clean, staff friendly and helpful. Rooms and suites beautiful and comfortable. Close to shopping, dining and freeway access. Easy check-in and check-out. Stay there several times a year.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LAURIE F

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad we have been able to offer you a consistantly good experience. We will share your comments with our staff and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival, the gentleman that checked me in was extremely helpful, curious, and polite. The room at a first glacé was rather odd. All of the drawers in my room were open and the air was off making the room stuffy.

The bed was semi comfortable but the sheets were gross, and there was nothing that would give you the impression that the comforter was washed (no cover) and the pillows were extremely uncomfortable. The walls were paper thin. I could hear the people in the rooms around me, in the hall, and frequently heard doors slamming throughout making it hard to sleep.

Positive: the room appeared clean, the facility was clean, and the overall location was in a nice area.

Overall, for the price, I would stay somewhere different on my return to Reno.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank joshua h
Michael A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

We apoligize for any inconvenience during your stay. We very much appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our service in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We scheduled a stop in Reno, and wanted a quiet room with easy access away from the large casino hotels. Our stay was perfect from arrival to departure. New "like" facility, refrigerator, amenities in the room were great. We used the internet extensively, very fast. Clean, private, no loud parties, and great staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Perfect hotel for any traveler to Reno who does not want to be near the casinos; this HGI is located 20 minutes south of downtown Reno and 15 minutes south of the airport. The area is set in a newer suburban area surrounded by retail shops and restaurants and very close to the S. Meadows Parkway exit off I-580. The view of the mountains to the west is beautiful; the overall area is pleasant enough. The hotel lobby layout is the same as most other HGI's, which in my opinion is very pleasant and functional. The area includes the dining area and tables for the Managers reception and breakfast in the morning (not a free breakfast). There is also a small bar; it closes around 10pm. My north facing, 4th floor room was very comfortable and relaxing to be in. It was nice having a reading chair with an ottoman and a side table and standing lamp. Mattress and pillow comfort were outstanding. No issues with hot shower water. One minor inconvenience was the adjustable shower nozzle could not be turned (it was stuck in a high pressure "jet" mode). This was reported to the front desk person who duly noted the problem. Convenient onsite parking lot. Breakfast was made to order and was prepared very well. All hotel staff that I met were very friendly and professional. I would likely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

During a recent biz trip to Reno, I decided to look for a hotel far away from the maddening crowds. This was my second stay in a Hilton Garden Inn in the past month and as with my other visit in TX, this property did not disappoint. My room was very clean and comfortable. I was upgraded to a King with a huge jacuzzi tub. Gosh, I so wish DH had traveled with me. The front desk staff and bar staff were so friendly and had great recommendations for dining. My only complaint is with the breakfast server. She came across very scattered both mornings when I dined at the hotel. Eventually, she got my orders right but it was a struggle repeating and repeating a simple omelet order.

Room Tip: Request a higher level room that does not look over the front entrance and huge AC units.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MousseMakesGumbo
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Katelyn helped me at arrival, introduced herself, and welcomed me as a Hilton HHonors member. I remembered that she took my reservation over the phone (as well as a future reservation during the same call)! She was very helpful, especially with explaining where everything was, including my room in relation to the parking lot & elevators. Breakfast staff was slow (slower) to take my order. However, they made up for it by bringing my order quickly and by including salsa with my egg dish. Check out could have been quicker in that I had to wait for the desk staffer to help someone check in. However, I cannot expect for staff to take their time with me and then rush someone else out! Overall, I had a good experience. I have stayed here in the past while in Reno and I like being here rather than a hotel/casino!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo