“Great hotel in nice area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Reno

Hilton Garden Inn Reno
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Reno
Chicago
“Great hotel in nice area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my second time staying at this hotel for business, and I'm still as much of a fan as the last time. The hotel is super clean and all of the employees are very friendly. The food in the bar is decent, and the happy hour specials are offered at great prices. The only negative thing was breakfast. Service was super slow, and the waiter forgot my order, so I never had a chance to eat as I had to run out to my office. The rooms are very quiet, and it's in a very convenient area to grocery stores and restaurants. This is an awesome business hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mauionmymind08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Nice to find a smoke free place to stay in Reno! Staff is very friendly and attentive. Rooms are clean and well kept. Food in restaurant is good....slightly higher prices with new menu.

Only complaint in the internet - very....very....very slow. Have been told that they plan to upgrade but not until next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cmhou2002
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a good experience at this hotel. I checked in late and they were friendly and accomodating. The hotel itself was new and nice by some decent restaurants etc. I thought the breakfast was lacking though compared to other HGIs, the service at it was only okay, and the selection was not great. But a good hotel in the area, I would come back.

1 Thank Julie F
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in October and would definitely return. The staff was super friendly at all times. The hotel was packed with election campaigners, but they were always courteous and friendly - at breakfast and at the front desk. My room was clean and comfy. Starbucks across the street was a bonus!

1 Thank AnjellaEl
IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

They are between a 3 and 4 star place. The hotel itself is physically nice. One night and one breakfast, they had a campaign bus (is there nothing politics doesn't ruin? :| but I digress...) stay with them, and the public areas were completely unable to deal with the rush. I skipped out at those times....fortunately, there were enough options within walking distance so it really wasn't an impact. A couple times at breakfast, I didn't even get my morning Dr Pepper....granted, I am usually in and out of the restaurant pretty quickly, but not *that* quick.

Hotel is pretty far south of the airport and I-80 interchange, but it's a nice corner of town, if a little 'sprawly.' The bed was the usual 'pick-your-firmness' found in all Garden Inns, which is nice. The shower was hot, with decent pressure. I'd stay here again, but would also look at other places around. Facilities are really nice, but I can't quite justify a 4-star for them.

1 Thank Beezlebubba
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here 3 to 4 days per week for a year, on business trips, and always superior and superb service and quality and value. Very highly recommend! The single best element was the staff - excellent personalities and attitude and commitment to superior customer service and satisfaction. Very highly recommend.

Room Tip: We prefer upper floor on the back side of the building, is quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Placerville, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My Mom and I stayed in the Hilton while in Reno for my Niece's wedding. We stayed two nights in a room with two queen beds. The room was great, comfortable beds and nice hot shower. We also appreciated the small refrigerator and the coffee maker in the room. We did have big problems with the breakfast downstairs. Our first morning on site was a Sunday and the "dining" area was packed with what turned out to be members of the Republican party there to canvas the neighborhoods surrounding the hotel - far more people than the small area could hold. The staff at the breakfast room were completely overwhelmed and couldn't keep up with the guests requests...my mother never did get any coffee and we had to go behind the counter to pick up clean silverware. The additional insult was that we were charged $9.95 each for our breakfast - mom had a bowl of cereal and orange juice (she had to serve herself) and my breakfast consisted of a bagel and coffee that I had to pour myself. The wait staff were surly and seemed to vanish into thin air once we asked for coffee or even silverware. When we asked at the front desk for vouchers for the breakfast next day, the staff told us we were not eligible because we hadn't purchased the right room package. Ultimately, the room was exactly what we needed, but the service and pricing of the breakfast had us leaving with a completely unsatisfied feeling. If you go, head out to a restaurant for breakfast and skip the hassle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Katie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our Hilton Garden Inn, Reno. I sincerely apologize that our breakfast was not the quality and price you expected and we are taking your recommendation to improve our provided breakfast and service. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. On a more positive note, I am so grateful that you had a wonderful experience with your room, and were comfortable with the beds and room amenities. We hope that your poor breakfast experience will not deter you from coming to stay with us in the future. Thank you again.