“Incredibly Rude!!!”

Ranked #108 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2012

On Saturday my girlfriend and I went to Daughters Cafe for lunch using our living social voucher. However, when we arrived there (at 1 pm) we were informed by a waitress that they were closing early. This is despite the fact that their website still said that they would be open until 2pm. As if this wasn't bad enough worse was to come. After being told that they were closing I explained that we had a living social voucher that would expire in the coming week. The waitress then very rudely shrugged her shoulders and told me (and I quote) 'well you've had four months. You'll just have to come back on Tuesday our Wednesday'. I found this response quite incredible as she did not offer even a hint of an apology. It was very embarrassing and I do not like to be talked down to like i'm a child. I was left with the impression that she was not interested in honoring the living social voucher and she did not consider us to be real customers despite the fact that we have already paid. Anyway there is absolutely no chance that we will be back again as we no longer wish to eat in a place that treats it's customers in such a rude manner. Luckily i managed to persuade living social to refund the voucher and they are going to look into the voucher practices of Daughters Cafe. In summary, there are much better places to east downtown so avoid this place at all costs unless you want to be insulted by their very rude staff.

4  Thank Peter b

Reviewed March 30, 2012

They were so busy talking they could not refill my coffee. I had to ask twice. If I had used the bathroom before I ate I would not have eaten their food.

2  Thank Lovingreno
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I went to Daughters Cafe for Sunday brunch, and really enjoyed everything about the experience. The brunch menu is very limited, however, I was very happy with my selection. The staff was incredibly friendly and efficient - will definitely be back for breakfast again.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Went hre after all the positive reviews on trip advisor. The place is great, amazing ladies run the place, very friendly , great home cooked food. Although been told i looked like prince harry only taller was a bit of a quirk.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Enthusiastic is how one will find the wait staff. They seem to want you to enjoy.

So of course one gets a good vibe straight away.

The restaurant it self is comfortably installed in an old house.

The food it self for the most part is pretty good, a few tweaks and it would be perfect.

So if you are in Reno give them a try, but be warned the menu is somewhat limited in choice but good.