“Great find in Reno - Try it”
Review of Daughters Cafe

Daughters Cafe
Ranked #105 of 935 Restaurants in Reno
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dubai
“Great find in Reno - Try it”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Went hre after all the positive reviews on trip advisor. The place is great, amazing ladies run the place, very friendly , great home cooked food. Although been told i looked like prince harry only taller was a bit of a quirk.

• Visited February 2012

Reno, Nevada
“Enthusiastic”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Enthusiastic is how one will find the wait staff. They seem to want you to enjoy.

So of course one gets a good vibe straight away.

The restaurant it self is comfortably installed in an old house.

The food it self for the most part is pretty good, a few tweaks and it would be perfect.

So if you are in Reno give them a try, but be warned the menu is somewhat limited in choice but good.

• Visited January 2012
Costa Rica
“Like breakfast at Moms...only better!”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

What a find!!!! The homey atmosphere of this century old home plus Barbara's cooking and Bianca's hospitality makes this place a tranquil lovely place to enjoy a meal. The food is fresh and freshly cooked. The menu is unique ....not the same old' stuff you can get just anywhere. We are in Reno a lot and you can be sure we will be regulars!!

• Visited January 2012
Reno, Nevada
“Very friendly family feel”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

They only pick a few dishes each season, but they do each one SO well, and they're always unique. You'll never be disappointed. Cute and cozy house feel.

San Francisco, California
“a brunch fave; amazing dutch babies!”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I love a good brunch but more often than not, I've been disappointed.
Sometimes, the wait is too long (an hour++ wait at Mama's in North Beach, SF? For lackluster french toasts? no thanks)
Sometimes, the food just isn't quite up to par (mushy pancakes, soggy waffles? ehhh)

But one of the most memorable brunches I've ever had was a surprise...maybe I wasn't expecting amazing food after a night of feasting at my friend's party.
Maybe I was simply with wonderful friends who can entertain me by just being themselves.

Whatever it was, I discovered a little jewel in the biggest city when I brunched at the charming Daughter's Cafe in Reno.
The restaurants has a great ambience; in a remodeled old house near the scenic river in downtown Reno. Seating is arranged in the various rooms of the house and gives it a homey, but surprisingly 'modern-cottage' feel.

I was so excited to check out this place ever since NYE...they were closed that day and when I finally came back to Reno, I knew I had to do Sunday Brunch here.

Summary:
- Great service: One of the daughters served us our food and the other servers (employee) was very nice and friendly. Made all of us feel so good on a Sunday morning.
- No Wait: On a Sunday morning at 9.30a??!! WOW! If this was SF, there would have been an hour long line wrapped around the block. Twice.
- The prices are a little high for Reno, but normal for SF

FOOD:
- Beignet New Orleans style: (4) pillowy, creamy beignets, served with a shot of OJ and Cafe Au Lait (which was ok; not as good as Cafe Du Monde's chicory coffee). Really yummy!
- Dutch Baby B'fast: Wow. A thin, swedish-style lemon pancake with deep crispy edges, served with 2 strips of bacon, and a side of strawberries and avocado (which was kind weird for a b'fast fruit?).
- Pomogranate Mimosa: Served in a Huge drinking glass, not the usual mimosa flute. But it was Not very strong (alcohol-wise)

Overall, truly one of the best b'fasts i've had in a very long time. I've been disappointed so many times...and I'm so glad to have found this place...too bad it's 4 hours drive away from my home! *sniff*

• Visited May 2011