“"Keep it going."” 5 of 5 bubbles

West Richland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“"Keep it going."”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have been going to the National Air Races in Reno for about 15 years. No other spectator sport like it. I schedule vacation for this event a year in advance. The Checkered Flag Club allows those attending to get the most out of event. We have made great friends at Stead Field. I take my hat off to the volunteers who put this on. This is a world class event right here in Nevada.

1 Thank SergeantSniper

Broadway
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“This has to be the event of the year Every Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been to the Reno Air Races 8 times in the last 12 years and I swear it gets better every year. This is the only place in the world where you can see WW2 airplanes racing and even going much faster around a circuit than they ever would have in the 1940's. This event is unique and great value as admission to airshows in the UK is more expensive and where else can you see these vintage airplanes racing? I would love to see the Red Arrows formation team at Reno to put their 9 birds in the air, how about it Reno? I travel to Reno to see this event as often as I can and hope to be there next year.

1 Thank skinnermick
Toowoomba, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We really enjoyed the Reno Air Races 2012, well organised event and had plenty to see each day. Would like to go back some time in the future.

1 Thank atsmith8
San Antonio, Texas
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

There is just nothing like the Air Races. Everything is so well put together and so many helpful people. I hope this never ends!!

1 Thank headraccoon
Grand Forks, North Dakota
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“One of aviations finest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Although I've been to Oshkosh a few times and it is much larger than Reno, the Air Races were still a unique venue and one that all pilots should attend at least once. The air races were awesome. Plus, there were a few jet demonstrations and aerobatics in between race classes. I strongly recommend getting the pit passes. We did and it was worth it. Flying into Reno/Tahoe in a C-182 was busy but easily doable. However, make sure to make your car rental, hotel and airplane parking reservations in advance!

Visited September 2012

Been to Reno Air Racing Association? Share your experiences!