“New favorite place!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

One of the best restaurant experiences we have had in a long, long time! It is the next day and we are still smiling. I am Italian and my husband proposed after one of my garlicky meals; he has always said no restaurant could come close to my cooking, but last night he told me I had "met my match"...Nothing trendy or experimental, just great classic Italian American food. The garlic bread was the best EVER! ( If you don't like garlic, this is probably not the place for you) The employees were warm, friendly and amazingly efficient, but not in your face or overly familiar. Our server (owner?) picked up an accordion and entertained the patrons every once in a while and we still never felt like we were forgotten for a moment, even with a totally full house. It also probably helped that the wine was outstanding. A chocolate caramel cheesecake with sea salt sounded odd, but hubby said it was among his favorite desserts of all time. And, we didn't have to unwrap our utensils from the napkins and place them ourselves (that drives me nuts! How much time do restaurants actually save by pre- wrapping tableware in a napkin and making patrons set the table themselves instead of actually placing forks and knives on the table?), and never felt like we were being rushed at all. I can't think how we missed this place before, but we will return often! Thank you La Famiglia for a great evening.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time eating here, and it will not be our last. The homemade pasta made daily was outstanding! The homemade sauces were just as good as anything my sweet Sicilian grandmother makes. This will always be a destination for us when we are in Reno.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The best Italian meal I've had in years, maybe decades. Good food. Fresh ingredients. Good service. It's nice to get out of the casinos and enjoy and a quiet, elegant meal. Prices are reasonable, too.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The restaurant is in a convenient location in downtown, near the Pioneer Center. The service was outstanding, the waiter was very attentive and very Italian, a little hard to understand. The ambiance is very nice. Having said those two things, the food was average at best. Reno has many Italian restaurants and La Famiglia is no better than average when it comes to the quality of the food. The red sauce was bland, almost flavorless. The pork dish was covered in a sauce that wasn't smooth and was too sweet. We go to restaurants for the food, not the decor, and this was our first and last time here. There are too many other choices in Reno with better food.

1  Thank BobH835
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I ate at La Famiglia twice on a recent business trip to Reno and had a great experience both times. The food is good, but not great, southern Italian fare. The real highlight here is the service which is always great!

Been to La Famiglia Ristorante? Share your experiences!