“Hampton Hotel and Reno Nevada”

Hampton Inn & Suites Reno
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Hampton Hotel and Reno Nevada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I spent 18 days in Reno returning to the UK on the 16th of June (2013). For all but two nights we stayed at the Hampton on Professional Circle. The rooms are large, nicely decorated, in very good order and fully equipped from coffee maker to Ironing board and steam iron. There was a good sized modern flat screen digital TV in the rooms so we were able to watch the (Montreal) Formula 1 race with good commentary. The complimentary WiFi provided a good speed connection (we were on the 4th floor) so we were able to keep in touch with family back in the UK via Skype and Google Hangout without incurring roaming charges. I notice that the rooms also had Ethernet cables as well as the WiFi , multiple power sockets and even USB sockets through which mobile devices can charged (as long as one has brought the device’s USB data cable).

We were particularly impressed with the hotel staff at all levels. Leo the front desk manager and his staff Francesca and Rosa are wonderful people, they were cheery and friendly throughout our stay and could not be more helpful. My wife in particular loved to chat to Anna who looks after the complimentary breakfast area. I should mention that there is a very adequate and agreeable breakfast provided in the Lobby each morning until 10am. There is always two hot items such as omelette and bacon as well as cereals, waffle makings, toast, bagels and pastries etc. A choice of three types of coffee (regular, decaf and robust) as well as hot water for hot chocolate sachets and tea bags available in the lobby 24 hour a day. For the want of popping down in the lift, these 24 hour hot drink options made the in-room facility redundant. I should mention that there is also a good indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi on the ground floor with an ample supply of fresh pool towels present. Also on the ground floor is a wash room which has a first class washing machine and tumble dryer. The former requires 6 x 25 cent coins for the wash cycle whilst although the dryer also suggests 6 x 25 cent coins, we found that with the small loads we had, that 2 x 25 cent coins was sufficient to run it long enough to get the load dry.

The Hampton is in an extremely convenient location as it is only a minute or two from South Virginia street and the 580 freeway from which you can navigate readily to Down Town Reno or the airport going north or for heading south to the Mount Rose highway for Tahoe.

Downtown Reno was a revelation to us, clean and well maintained with the vibrant scene of people of all ages enjoying themselves swimming, wading and tube drifting in the Truckee river, right in the heart of the city.
We took two days out and flew to Las Vegas to do the canyon trip. We flew with Southwest for this and must remark on their friendly facilitating style. We spent most of our time doing day trips to Lake Tahoe and the surrounding area including trips out to Truckee, Incline village and a very enjoyable and informative day trip to Virginia City. Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountains are absolutely stunning. On one day we did the Mount Rose trail and hiked to the top of the waterfall. Despite an air temperature in the 90’s there was still snow on parts of the trail. On another day we went Kayaking from King Beach. Other great locations include Emerald bay (south east lake) and Sand Harbour (north west lake) . We managed to take in Eric Burdon and the Animals who was playing at Harrah’s casino (Stateline Tahoe). First two songs not too special but every song after that was brilliant.

For anyone looking for some real ales and a bite to eat to round off a day I can recommend a couple of good micro breweries which are not too far from the Hampton. Firstly BJ’s Brewhouse and Restaurant some 5 minutes south (13999 South Virginia St), which has great range of beers (my favourite is the Hopstorm. A little farther, some 10 minutes northbound, is the Great Basin Brewhouse and Restaurant (5525 South Virginia Street) checkout the “Icky” if you like well hopped beer. Both of these pubs have a range of excellent microbrews and serve a range of good tasty food. Reno, Tahoe and the Hampton… we will be back soon.

John and Lorna (Nottingham England)

Room Tip: Top floor (4th) rooms to front and rear equally good. I would expect this to be true of all accomm...
2 Thank JFK47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
American Fork, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our family loved staying at the Hampton in Reno. It was immaculate and beautiful. Everything was up-to-date and well appointed. The indoor pool area was clean and nice. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic! Tons of choices and everyone in the family was perfectly satisfied. This is a great hotel and we would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Danya P
Boynton Beach, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a very nice property. They have a helpful and courteous staff. Location is close to shopping centers and restaurants. Also convenient to the freeway....which allows access to downtown and casinos and shows.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jeanne M
Provo, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We reserved a 2 bed suite with a pull out couch, The beds were great but the pull out bed in the couch was terrible. You expect them to not be great, but this was far south of great. Other than that it was a great place to stay. Very close to other restaurants and on the exit to Virginia City. Pool was quite small but the kids still had fun.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is your average hotel, but I have to say that I love how clean the beds are since the breadspreads are washed and it is super quiet. My husband, me and my two young children shared a room with two queen beds, so I was thinking that someone would always be waking up from noise. I am a light sleeper and I can honestly say that I did not hear one noise all night! That is very rare for me and we were really close to the elevator on the 3rd floor. We'll definitely be returning to this hotel on our next drive through Reno.

Spokane, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel was very nice, clean, smelled good and new. The friendly desk was efficient and friendly. Rooms were very nice and furniture like new...beds very comfortable. Pool and hot tub clean and nice. Contintental breakfast was standard...nothing to rave about. They do offer pre-bagged breakfasts for those who don't have the time to sit down or get their breakfast - which is a really nice option. This hotel was also quiet and in a less busy area yet a quick drive to downtown Reno. Would definitely stay here again.

Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stay in Hamptons all the time; this one is typical and about average. It's in a quiet office park quite a long way from downtown, with no shopping or restaurants within walking distance. There are several shopping centers within about a 5-minute drive. When I booked my room several months ago, I called the hotel directly and was assured they had a daily airport shuttle and that it could get us to the airport for our very early Monday morning flight. I booked here in reliance on that information, and scheduled my rental car turn-in for the Sunday night before our flight, expecting to be able to get the shuttle back to the hotel. But when I checked in? No shuttle on the weekends and only from 8-8 M-F. Apparently they changed their shuttle services and didn't tell me. This cost me two cab fares to/from the airport at just over $25 each (not including tip). So if you need to be near the airport or downtown, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is close to an Interstate so if traffic noise bothers you, ask for the front.
1 Thank SK1Tallahassee