“Yummy”

Toucan Charlie's Buffet
Ranked #10 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet
Description: Toucan Charlie's serves up everything from salads and delicious desserts to juicy hand-carved meats and culinary delights from around the globe, the choices are practically endless. Enjoy made to order items like omelets and sizzling Mongolian BBQ in addition to traditional favorites like roasted and fried chicken and hand-carved Prime Rib.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great selection of fresh food! No huge lineup, friendly servers.
We liked so much we ate there twice..delicious!

atlantiscasino, Corporate Director of Food & Beverage at Toucan Charlie's Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you for being a valued guest and for taking the time to share your dining experience at the Toucan Charlie’s Buffet. I am pleased to hear that both food and service met your expectations. I hope you visit us real soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I'm wishing that I could give a score of 3.5 points, because it was better than "average" (3 points), but not quite "very good" (4 points). My benchmarks were some of the buffets in Las Vegas, which got 4 and 5-point scores from me (see my Las Vegas reviews from April 2014). Here at Toucan Charlie's there were some hits and some misses. We could tell that some items (including reviolis and pot stickers) were not freshly made, and probably mass-produced frozen items. The best dishes were the ones that were obviously made on site, including a very, very good prime rib--perhaps the best I have tasted (to my incredulous surprise). I liked that it had a good flavorful crust, and slightly pink middle, which I like better than the usual nearly-raw. For the freshest dish, take advantage of the mongolian bbq station, where you choose ingredients and the chef cooks them on a big round flat-top. Tell him to use about half the meat that he wants to, or bring over some shrimp from the salad counter. Also tell him to go easy on the soy sauce, because he can be heavy-handed, which can make the dish too salty. The coffee was very good, and we also enjoyed $1 margarita special. I had a wonderful dessert, the chocolate mousse cake. My wife really liked the wedding cookies, which melt in your mouth. We were pleased with the value, and with the food too, since our expectations were not set on over-the-top gourmet. If you need a good, solid, large meal while in Reno, this is a good choice.

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at Toucan Charlie’s Buffet. I am sorry to hear that not all items met your expectations. On another note, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Prime Rib, Mongolian station and the desserts. I hope you will visit us in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The right amount of choices for a breakfast buffet with a custom omelette station. A must to try are the breakfast dishes in the Mexican food station. Wow! Love that you get a pot of coffee rather than just a cup. Nice touch.

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding the Toucan Charlie’s Buffet. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the breakfast selections. I hope you visit us soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was an excellent buffet. A huge variety of food was offered. Most of what I tasted was good. My favorite was the Mexican food there. I loved the mini tostadas. Desserts were also good.

1  Thank CNW901

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at the Toucan Charlie’s Buffet. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the dining selections that we have to offer. I hope for your return in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Best buffet in Reno for Breakfast, lunch or dinner. There is something here for even the pickiest of eaters.

1  Thank louie2u
atlantiscasino, Corporate Director of Food & Beverage at Toucan Charlie's Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding the Toucan Charlie’s Buffet. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy the menu options that we have to offer. I hope you will visit us soon.