“Best seafood buffet in reno...”

Toucan Charlie's Buffet
Ranked #11 of 947 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet
Description: Toucan Charlie's serves up everything from salads and delicious desserts to juicy hand-carved meats and culinary delights from around the globe, the choices are practically endless. Enjoy made to order items like omelets and sizzling Mongolian BBQ in addition to traditional favorites like roasted and fried chicken and hand-carved Prime Rib.
Reviewed April 9, 2014

There is no doubt that this buffet is the best in reno... We planned to go to the buffet in March and the line was as long as a basketball court... It was a 20 min wait but it was worth it... The setting is in a jungle theme and it's spacious with lots of booths and tables...!! The crab and mussels are on point nice and steamed...

atlantiscasino, Corporate Director of Food & Beverage at Toucan Charlie's Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit at Toucan Charlie’s Buffet. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the dining selections that we offer in the Buffet. I hope for your return in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Toucan Charlie's Buffet

Reviewed March 29, 2014

What a change to the normal buffet. Food is really good with great variety and cooked to perfection. Prime rib was superb and should not be missed. Tried everything from the soup to salads to lots of side dishes and all were very well prepared. Everything tasted like it was prepared fresh. This is one buffet I can whole heartily indorse.

atlantiscasino, Corporate Director of Food & Beverage at Toucan Charlie's Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding the Toucan Charlie’s Buffet. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the selections we have to offer. I hope you visit us real soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed at Atlantis for 5 nights in March and ate at this buffet three times. Each visit, many of the buffet items offered were similar, but the price varied each night depending on the featured items.
On Monday night, we had one of the best cuts of prime rib ever. I ate it without using salt, pepper, au jus, or horseradish. The meat was incredibly moist, tender and tasty. My wife loves the Mongolian Barbecue, where one can choose from a custom assortment of ingredients, which is available every night. She also loves the marinated herring, smoked trout and smoked salmon. I love the cut tomato on white cheese hors d'oeuvres next to the custom caesar salad station.
On Wednesday night, Crab and Steak were featured. We had both and loved both. The higher cost to get into the buffet was well worth it for the chance to eat crab from the shell and the high quality steak.
Saturday morning, we had fresh fruit, cottage cheese, and oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar. Irma's custom made pancakes were delicious! I used jam and butter instead of syrup to enhance the perfectly cooked treat.
We rate this restaurant as excellent based upon the number of different items served, the taste of the options we like the best, and the availability of healthy choices at the fruit and vegetable bar. We cannot say that we have liked every item that we have tried, but now that we know the layout, we are able to consistently choose the menu items that we consider to be consistently excellent.
The dinner options usually include Mexican Cuisine, Chinese Cuisine, the Mongolian Barbecue, and American Cuisine featuring steaks, chops, chicken, fish, pork, potatoes and then there is the salad bar with fruits, vegetables and soup. The buffet should appeal to everyone's taste.
The buffet also has a large selection of desserts. My favorite dessert, the Napoleon, is not usually offered. (Outside of the buffet, there is a coffee bar that sells huge Napoleons individually.) But there is usually apple pie, cherry pie and numerous other cakes, pastries and ice cream that are equally appealing.
Given this bounty of excellent food, the service should not be overlooked. When Tony serves us at dinner, he always has a big smile and an enthusiatic welcome. He always delivers our complimentary drinks before we are able to bring our first plate of food to the table. Our used plates are always cleared from our table before we return with the next plate of food. He always gets our order correct. We are amazed how many tables Tony serves and gets all the orders correct!
There isn't much that can be done to improve this buffet. It is in the top 5 of all buffets we have ever tried. If I had to recommend one improvement, I would ask that greater effort be made to improve the taste of food at the Chinese counter. We have eaten at numerous Chinese restaurants and usually do not select anything from the Chinese food counter at this buffett except for the rice. Making smaller quantities at a time might help reduce problems such as dried out chicken or reduced sensory appeal. Chinese food tastes best when served immediately after it has been cooked.
We have noticed that food tastes best immediately after any buffet opens. So, we try to arrive near opening time.
One last comment. I was shocked upon entering the Monday buffet. The cashier scanned my player's card to provide us with a $2 meal discount. Usually, the card is handed back to me with a polite request for payment. This visit, the cashier asked me if I wanted two free meals because our card had sufficient money on it for two meal comps. This is the first time any employee of any dining establishment had offered me the opportunity to use my card rewards for a free meal. I considered this to be an exceptionally positive offering. I wish I had noted the Monday night cashier's name because he deserves high praise for noticing and making the offer. (I declined because I want to build up a larger balance, but I appreciate him noticing!.) This is a new high in customer service that should be recognized.

1  Thank Modestotrekkerl

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit at Toucan Charlie’s Buffet. The comments and concerns expressed by our guests are always appreciated as it gives us the opportunity to improve and better train our team. I am sorry to hear that such information was not conveyed on your previous visits. I have shared your concerns regarding the Chinese Station with our culinary team. Thank you for being a valued guest and hope for your return in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Went for dinner on a Monday evening. The selections were vast and plentiful. Constant attention by the staff kept the food stations clean and re-plentished. Our waitress was very attentive without being overbearing. All the food we tried was very good-none tasted mass-produced. Hint--Sign up for the Atlantis players card and you might get a 2 for 1 coupon.

1  Thank TommyD57

Thank you for taking the time share your recent dining at Toucan Charlie’s Buffet. I am pleased to hear that your server was attentive to your needs and that you enjoyed the buffet selections. I hope you visit us in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We have eaten at many buffets in our travels including the best of Las Vegas. The Toucan Charlie's Buffet at the Atlantis Casino and Spa is as good as we have experienced. The food selection was huge, the service (our server was Tony) is exceptional and it is a great value. We had the Sunday morning brunch buffet and were served Mimosas continuously. There were breakfast selections as well as mainstream food including Oysters, Crab, Shrimp, Prime Rib,Asian food,and other specialties. Everything was fresh and delicious. The dessert assortment is huge!
If you visit Reno, you MUST go to Toucan Charlies!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience at the Toucan Charlie’s Buffet. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our brunch buffet and the variety it offers. I hope that you visit us soon in the near future.

Been to Toucan Charlie's Buffet? Share your experiences!