“Nice buffet”

Toucan Charlie's Buffet & Grille
Ranked #10 of 960 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Toucan Charlie's serves up everything from salads and delicious desserts to juicy hand-carved meats and culinary delights from around the globe, the choices are practically endless. Enjoy made to order items like omelets and sizzling Mongolian BBQ in addition to traditional favorites like roasted and fried chicken and hand-carved Prime Rib.
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Good food selections in pleasant atmosphere,( like rainforest cafe). Seniors get 2 for 1 midweek for breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Went for the Saturday night "Steak and Seafood" buffett. Overall I thought it was just ok. $30 each was about $10 more than it was worth. The prime rib was good, the bacon wrapped filet was really bad. Nice oysters and snow crab, but not much else impressed me. Didn't try any of it, but the Mexican portion of the buffett actually looked like the best part....

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Since Toucan Charlie's has been voted Reno's best Sunday Brunch for umpteen years... we expected a lot, and were not disappointed. My Caesar salad was hand tossed in front of my eyes...yummy! The ribs were meaty and mighty. My husband, a connoisseur of ham, was moaning about the ham sliced off the bone in front of him. The only thing that i didn't like was the corn-on-the-cob, but hey, it's the wrong season for that anyway.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

My wife and I (mostly me) craved shell fish and took a chance on Toucan Charlie's buffet in the Atlantis Casino. Few reviews and fewer casinos publish the full menu on line. This is due to changing availability of foods from week to week. Understandable. We really wanted a variety. Toucan Charlie's fulfilled my desire for Mullusks; while my wife satisfied her craving for crustacean.

We found the following very tasty. Blue mussel; green mussel in tomato sauce; oysters on the half shell; Oyster Rockefeller; clams; and King Crab and dungeness crab. The baked/breaded calamari was good too. I have to say: we got our money's worth. The bill was reasonable for two seniors. We skipped the Mexican and Asian food lines; however, oysters on the half shell were over in the Mexican Food section. Small shrimp were prepared with a scallops on a shell. Very tasty.

We wanted to take our time so we arrived at 4:50 in the afternoon. This lead to an interesting observation. Arrive early if you want tasty food, presented quite well in the buffet line. By the time we left we observed that some items were smothered in sauce (probably to keep the previously placed items from drying out). This would of course change the taste. Tip: Arrive early.

Desserts were good and satisfying, though nothing special. We drew Nacho as a server. He and his assistant were very good and energetic in attending to our needs.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Wonderful Buffet.. Great variety of international cuisines.. The claims chowder was creamy and tasty .. prime rib delish as well as the homemake rolls.. asian cuisine .. breaskfast buffet availalbe every day and a great selection. YUMMMY!!

Been to Toucan Charlie's Buffet & Grille? Share your experiences!