“The 50's style diner at the Sands Casino”
Review of Mel's Diner

Mel's Diner
Ranked #402 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Fun place to go for Hot August Nights and for a late night snack. If you remember American Graffiti, you'll love this place. Diner food with ambiance.

There are newer reviews for Mel's Diner

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I looked out our hotel window in Reno and in the distance saw the original Mel's Diner. Well, of course, we just HAD to go check it out. We had already eaten, but apple pie and coffee sounded good. We walked there, it was afternoon, so not busy. The staff was courteous and helpful and seemed to enjoy working there. The pie was yummy, I had mine without ice cream and my husband with. Generous serving and the coffee was great too. A very nice experience for us.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Good for a fast breakfast, lunch or dinner. Inexpensive large portions. Lots of grease! Not very healthy but people in attendance seemed to enjoy. Attracts a typical reno clientele. Seniors and families.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I highly recommend Mel's Diner. The waitress was so friendly and great service. The food is excellent! I love all the nostalgic pictures and old metal signs. When I get back to Reno I am definitely going again!! Thanks for a wonderful meal.

1  Thank Jo R
Reviewed March 8, 2014

When you are staying at the Sand's Hotel you have to eat at Mel's Diner. there food is real great and the staff is always smiling and asking if you need more water,coffee or hot water for your tea.If you are staying at any other hotel or motel.try Mel's Diner for all your meals.

1  Thank Tony M

Been to Mel's Diner? Share your experiences!