Legacy Vacation Resorts-Reno
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport(Reno)(Great Value!)
$80
$71
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$76
$59
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $66/night.

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa(Reno)(Great Value!)
$90
$66
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $73/night.

Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
$50
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
  • Pool
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$69
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$99
$81
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$60
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

All reviewsping pongwalking distance to river walkgreat basinqueen size bedtruckee riverbusiness centersun deckindoor poolclose to downtownflat screen tvworkout roomsecurity guarda nice place to stayrooms are largedefinitely stay here againan upgradesauna
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Booked this online before we left for our vacation, couldn't seem to find much availability in the Reno area for Friday night in January, seemed odd but figured that it must be the ski season placing some demand on Reno for accommodations. Watch out for the 'resort fee' charged to everyone--$4/day

We wanted to be near downtown to play a bit after the kiddos were tucked in. This fit the bill in that regard. The rooms were spacious for a 1 bedroom, so I was pleasantly surprised. Sometimes these timeshare units can be pretty cramped in the cities, but this one was larger than others I have stayed in at downtown locations.

Check in was odd. The signs to direct you to the check in area felt like they sent us into a maze of corners and bends. We came to a dead end with a door, opened it and found a small area with an elevator. No more signs. I guess we take the elevator up? Floor one sounds reasonable. Get out, no signs. Wander around and see that we are 1/2 floor above the main entrance, so we continue around a few more corners and come to a long counter that looks like an unmarked check in area. Nobody was there. Waited a few minutes. Started wandering around some more and finally located someone.

Checked in and had to provide the credit card again along with ID. Told we can park in the front parking area or underneath in the garage. Figured our bikes might be safer out of sight in the garage, so we went down there. Took the elevator up, walked down the hall, out the door to the outside again, then turned and had to enter a different door to another hallway to get around to the other side of the 'u' where our room was. Rats! Should have left the car where it was.

Doors here are impossible to open or close without sounding like you are trying to break them down. They stick and the locks seem to be tough to disengage too or something. There was a sense of vertigo when we got in and I couldn't figure it out for a bit, but it seems that the building is settling terribly. There are all kinds of uphills and downhills within this tiny space, like there is a vortex in the northeast corner sucking it all in. The bathroom doorframes help you to appreciate just how badly off level parts of the unit are.

Small kitchenette had what you might need to reheat a meal, make some soup, or mix a few drinks. Probably fine for a small family or two couples for a few nights here. I can't imagine spending a week here.

2 queen beds in the bedroom portion with a bathroom. I spent 10 minutes looking for the light switch, my husband finally located it tucked under the towels next to the outlet. I had already given up and used the toilet blindly, only to realize that there was no toilet paper. WTH? This was the second time this trip that has happened to us, I was starting to wonder if we need to bring our own rolls with us from home. Not only was there no TP, there was not even a scrap of a roll on the holder. Just missing entirely.

The sofa sleeper smells of cigarette smoke and God knows what else. I expect that in Reno for some reason. The kids cuddled in their blankets and slept there without much complaint. I was glad they did, I didn't even want to sit on the thing.

Nice little breakfast table available, but not a single bit of information about the hotel, amenities, area, or anything. That seemed odd to me, I have never stayed somewhere without even just a little pamphlet to say what time check out is and what time the pool is open and where to find towels. The TVs were nice, decent antennae reception, flat screen, and I think DVD players too. One in each room, so you could put the kids to bed and still watch TV.

I was a little concerned about our vehicle, even though this resort is a block from the courthouse, the neighborhood is sketchy and there were lots of questionable looking people wandering the street. I am happy to report that our car was fine, even though we left a few items inside the vehicle and the bikes in the rack on the back. The room was noisy---some motor running half the night (heater?), police sirens, car alarms, and any time someone returns to their room it sounds like they are trying to break down your door because the doors are so hard to open and close. The bed was comfortable and the room was a decent temperature.

The kids seemed to enjoy the pool. It isn't anything to write home about, but it is fun for a splash. There are also ping pong tables. I am sure there are other amenities, I didn't see or use them, we were only here one night.

Checked out early the next morning and was dismayed to learn that I could not just toss my keys and go. The desk clerk had to look up our information and then informed me that there was a $3.99 'resort fee' per day that I owed. Sheez, really? Why didn't that just get charged when you charged my card yesterday? Ridiculous that this fee is added, and worse that it isn't added at the time of the payment. So, I gave this place my credit card or the numbers 3 times just to spend one night---once online, once at check in, and again at check out. What a broken system.

There was WI-Fi as advertised. Crappy reception and a password protected access, so forget it. There were computers downstairs in the lobby though to use at what appears to be an abandoned check in area. Not sure why they stopped using the logical lobby location to opt for a remote counter tucked behind several doors and maze turns, but it must make sense at some level.

I am sure glad, after this experience, that I don't own Legacy Vacation Club. It looks like they built this resort 20+ years ago and haven't done much to it since. It could use some updating, but they might be better off rebuilding and leveling the floors and walls first. The location is nice, just 10 minutes of a scary walk to the main casinos. Reno isn't what it used to be, the Horseshoe and Virginian were both closed up, and it seems that their absence creates a hole now filled by all kinds of sketchy people. Maybe this place isn't so bad considering how run down the town is these days. Or, they could charge more and have it be a tourist attraction like the Oregon Vortex.

For the cost ($150) we could have had three rooms at the Circus Circus, and I think next time I would plan to book early enough and ensure availability. I even thought two days before we got here that maybe we should do that instead, but the cancellation policy is 72 hours or no refund so we were already locked in at that point.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarina E
Brad M, General Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Reno, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Legacy Vacation Club in Reno, NV. I note that you stayed with us the New Year's holiday week. We have a very popular New Year's Eve in downtown Reno and that no doubt contributed to your inability to find rooms in town.

I am glad that you found our 1 bedroom suite spacious with two queen beds, two bathrooms, flat screen cable television with dvd players and the kitchenette/dining area all good. I note your confusion regarding getting around the property (a little exaggerated, but understood). You will be pleased to note that we have changed the front desk location to make it easier to locate and to simplify ones stay.

The other area appears to be that of providing a credit card at the time of reservation and upon check in. All major hotels require the guest to provide the credit card they made their reservation with at the time of check in. At check out, a guest is given the option of leaving it on the card they physically presented at check in or if they would prefer on a different credit card, they are asked to present it for payment. All pretty standard stuff.

Again, I'm glad that you had a pleasant stay.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I came down and stayed for a week here and had a wonderful time. We stayed in room 416. The room had two queen beds and a full bathroom in one room and an adjoining room with a couch, kitchen area, dining table and another full bathroom along with a very large balcony. The staff was very friendly and answered any questions we had along with pointing us in the right direction when we needed it. The pool was clean and we basically had it to ourselves during the entire stay, along with the sauna. I would like to see a hot tub put in, but certainly not a necessity. Our room was very clean upon arrival and the housekeeping service we had halfway through the week did a fine job as well. Thank you for such a lovely stay and next time we decide to come to Reno I will probably be staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shannon E
Brad M, Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Reno, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback! We couldn’t be happier that you enjoyed yourself. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

It looks like a nice hotel but unfortunately it's not. Tiny bathroom, horrible kitchenette , 27 inch flat screen tv, and the room next to us had a pimp and his 2 ho's bumming cigars from me. Awesome! Luckily we weren't in our room for more then 3 hours total . Upside is your across the street from a police station so nothing to crazy is gonna happen.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Cassetta13
Brad M, Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Reno, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and encourage you to contact us to discuss this matter further. Please call 775-329-5241 to speak to a resort representative about your experience.

Rest assured that your feedback is very important to us, and we hope to resolve this matter with you as soon as possible.

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked this room months in advance for Street Vibrations. The price was reasonable comparative to the other resorts/hotels less than a half mile away, and considering that all of the hotels have inflated prices during the Street Vibrations event, $100 per night for a 1 bedroom with a pull out sofa seemed fair. When we arrived, we were told that our reservation was for a studio, not one bedroom, which meant that 4 adults were crammed into a very small room with a queen bed, and a sofa pullout. I requested an upgrade, or another small room to put our adult kids in, and was told by the not-so-helpful staff that they were already overbooked but that I would be put on a waiting list. The next day I was told by new staff that there was no such thing as a waiting list and that no rooms were available. I was quite surprised when I saw a group check in without reservations the next day, and no one had notified us of any availability.

Keep in mind that this is considered a longterm stay facility, and you will not get the daily maid service like you do at the other typical hotels, although I believe that they do a midweek linen change. The beds were fairly comfortable, but on the soft side, and the hotel is in a quiet area. There is a towel exchange at the front desk, and since we were in this hotel only 3 nights, we were fine sleeping on the same sheets. It has a small kitchenette, but the cookware is cheap aluminum, and everything that we tried to cook stuck badly, so we gave up and ate out. The room and hallways were clean, and they have one ice machine which was a bit of a walk. Parking was very good for all of our motorcycles, and we felt that they were safe. The Silver Legacy, Eldorado, Circus Circus, etc. was about a pleasant 10 minute walk away. They advertise free WiFi, but we could not access it from the room and had to go down to the lobby to get online. We would consider staying here again, but would definitely confirm, and then reconfirm our room before going.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kelly L

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apology for the misunderstanding concerning the room reservation. As noted in your review you attended during the annual Street Vibrations motorcycle rally and reserved a studio suite which consists of a queen size bed and a full size sofa sleeper. I am truly sorry that we were unable to find alternative arrangements when it became apparent that what you booked would not meet your needs. Generally, we have flexibility in this regard but because of the city-wide special event and extremely high demand for our one bedroom suites we were in this instance not able to.

I think that there was a misunderstanding with regard to others arriving and getting checked in. We are a vacation ownership resort and owners generally reserve the room for a week. If the owners do not arrive on the scheduled day of arrival (generally Sunday), the room is held for them and they can check in at any time during the week. I think what you must have witnessed was an owner or owner exchange group arrival.

As a vacation ownership resort, it is not standard practice to offer daily housekeeping services. We do recognize that many visiting guests, who are renting a suite with us, are accustomed to hotel services and prefer daily cleaning, so we do offer the service at an additional fee.

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I am please that you found our rates to be reasonable, the resort to be safe, the rooms to be clean and the beds to be comfortable. We would like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further. Please call (775) 329-4251 to speak to a resort representative about your experience.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback regarding our services. We look forward to discussing this matter with you directly.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here for a week in September and thought the accommodations were fine. We had read several reviews and knew not to expect a five star resort. The condo was clean and conveniently located to the river walk and downtown casinos. We literally only slept and showered in our room and spent the rest of our time touring Reno, Lake Tahoe, Virginia City and Carson City. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The manager gave us great recommendations for things to do and places to eat - along with coupons for many shows and restaurants. For the price, our expectations were met and we were satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to vacation at Legacy Vacation Club Reno and for the positive feedback! We couldn’t be happier that you enjoyed your experience, and we look forward to your return to the Reno/Tahoe area.