“Good food and lots of it”

Purple Parrot at Atlantis
Ranked #27 of 956 Restaurants in Reno
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Choose from American favorites and breakfast, as well as the award-winning soup and salad bar. Compliment your dining experience with a cocktail from the Bloody Mary bar. Open 24 hours.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate here because Toucan Charlie's buffet wasn't open before 9:00am for our free buffet. Food was really good. Our waitress actually smiled.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Was able to "not" order off the menu as I didn't see what I wanted! Thanks for letting me custom order a yummy breakfast!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I went to the Purple Parrot at 5 AM for the breakfast special: scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and hash browns. My breakfast was $4.99, although the menu claimed that the usual price was $9.99. (This seems high.) The service was good (I was the only one in the restaurant) and the food tasted O.K, but not great. My main complaint was that I got immediate and violent diarrhea 20 minutes after I left the restaurant. This evidence is subjective, but since I hadn't eaten or drunk anything for 12 hours except for that breakfast, I suspect that food handling and/or kitchen hygiene at the Purple Parrot are not all they should be. I definitely will not go there again. Uggh.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Showed up here early morning after drinking all night. Needed something to soak up all the liquor. I don't even remember what I ate, but I know I loved it and all my friends too. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

In Reno for July 4th and took a stroll through the Atlantis Casino. Very nice property. Had a late lunch at the Purple Parrot. We both had the salad bar which is the smallest salad bar I've ever seen. All the items were good except the soups. One was really salty and the other was bland. Our server was very attentive and nice. I would recommend getting a regular menu item instead of the salad bar.