“Taste worth the heartburn”

Miguel's Mexican Food
Ranked #63 of 960 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I went for a 4 AM run along South Virginia Street at the recommendation of, hands down, the friendliest person I met in Reno (Read as "Reno is not the best place to make new acquaintances"). During my run, I had an opportunity to assess at least 100 places to dine along this stretch of Reno's casino district. I knew when I saw Miguel's it would be worth the visit. I ordered the veggie burrito straight off their lunch specials menu. I'm not really sure what gave me heartburn inside the burrito, but something did. Regardless, it was delicious. Their chips and salsa were fresh and the atmosphere was cozy. I'd go back. One note, they are really strict on no substitutions. They won't even make you a vegetarian version of something unless it says "vegetarian". Slightly "Hitler-istic", but I survived.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The service, the atmosphere, the food.....ALL GREAT!!! We love this place, very authentic. The food always has such a rich flavor, not the bland Americanized-Mexican food so many other restaurants have.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This has been the best Mexican Food that we have found in Reno. We are from Texas originally and this is the closest that I have found to the south Texas style that I am used to. Loved the cheese enchiladas and rice. The margarita was huge - I could only drink one!!

1  Thank tcr5595
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I ordered a combination plate with tacos and enchilados. The tacos were especially good since Miguel's seems to cook their tacos similar to the way I cook them at home (sans the copious amounts of meat I put in mine which would not be expected on my part from any restaurant). To be brief, I fry my tortillas in oil and form the shell myself. So does Miguel's. Be warned. I do not think this place has a parking lot of its own. After driving around a bit, I sent my gal in to ask them where the parking was and they referred us to the parking lot at a dive bar next door.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dinner for 4 at Miguels' with Margitas on a Busy Labor Day. A 15 minute wait was well worth it. Great carnitas and Chile Reanos. Fresh lettuce and tomatoes topped the food and the blended Margaritas topped the meal. Reasonable price for very good food.