“Good food and great atmosphere”

Miguel's Mexican Food
Ranked #81 of 993 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a very good Mexican restaurant. Salsa is excellent. We went there for lunch and the food was a very good value.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I dined here last night. We’ve been coming here off-and-on for thirty years. Maybe a couple of times a year during the last few years.

We were seated promptly and lucky for us we got there early because there was a line when we left.

The restaurant hasn’t changed much over the years. It is bright and clean but a little noisy because of all the tile on the floor. The large party in the other room didn’t help but it is still noisy on a normal day.

Service was attentive and quick. We ordered drinks, a margarita along with beer and a shot of tequila. The margarita was huge for 7.50. My Dos Equis was 4.00 and my Don Julio shot was 8.00. The drinks were good served at the proper temperature.

We ordered shredded beef enchilada and pork tamale with refried beans and rice. The enchiladas were very good. A lot of meat and had a great flavor.

The tamale had good flavor on the inside but the masa was very dry. It had decent flavor but the masa really detracted from the item. Even when I added some sauce it was still chewy.

We ordered the guacamole. It was a half order and we received a decent portion. The guacamole was very bland. We added salt, salsa and Tapatio. Maybe they made it for the gringos, which we are, but man it was really bland.
Chips and salsa were good and were fresh.

We will be back but we will be trying a few other Mexican restaurants in town that were highly rated to.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I did an Internet search for best Mexican restaurants in Reno and Miguel's was listed. Glad we tried it as the food was outstanding. Was similar in taste to New Mexican and I agree that this should be on a best list. Very busy on a Sunday night and the reason is the food is great.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went to Miguel's to eat with a few friends and had a wonderful time. The margaritas were yummy and you could taste the tequila which is always a plus. Everyone's food was delicious as well and the plates were licked clean. I will be going back especially during the summer when they have sangria!

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

When I'm in Reno I make sure to stop at this hidden Jewl. Miguel's is as authentic as it can get. Great relaxing atmosphere. Drinks are reasonably priced. The chicken or steak quesadillas are unreal. The fajitas are also worth a try as it comes with a hearty amount of food. Cant wait to go back.