“Worst Service and Meal Ever”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #238 of 945 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went here to try out a butternut squash ravioli with garlic shrimp dish I was informed of via an email from Mimi's. I was seated right away, surprisingly not busy for Fri night at dinner hour. Waiter came in a reasonable amount of time, I requested my order which was stated to come with salad or soup (showed him email as he was unaware of dish). I wanted soup if one I liked was being served this night and I requested water, with lemon. He couldn't answer what soup was being served so went off he went to inquire from kitchen. The same waiter delivered meals to the couple next to me and one of them was wrong. The table across from me, being served by same guy, requested water in a tone inferring it wasn't first request. I was later informed soup was clam chowder which I ordered. Later came a bread roll covered on the outside with margin which I returned as I eat butter not margarine. I overhead a waitress at a diff table explaining their butter was frozen so I asked for carrot bread which I was informed was only ordered upon request. After some time I got the claim chowder which was extremely thick and hotter than tolerable. I am pretty sure it had been microwaved from being frozen and needed a good stir it thin and cool. I was really hungry by now so ate it although it was way too salty for my palate. And still no water. AGain after some time, I was delivered a cheese ravioli dish drowning in tomatoe sauce. I stated I did not think I had been served the correct dish to which my waiter replied we only have the one ravioli dish. He disappeared, I took a bit and knew it was wrong (plus it tasted like crap). He reappeared to admit he was wrong and had just put in the correct dish (no real apology). So again I waited. What was later served was appalling, the raviolis were half hard (again guessing they had been dozen, maybe even freezer burned), drowning in an unpalatable sauce, and shrimp over cooked to rubber ( maybe those frozen as well). After a couple bits, and no further attention from wait staff, I figured the tax on the order and left cash on the table and left. Caught manger on way out, who was well aware of series of events,explained I had left cash on table, which he thanked me for with not as much as a single apology for the bad service or meal. Not only was thus THE worst meal to memory, the service was horrendous with no offer or attempt to assure I would return for a future visit (which at this point is not a remote consideration. I have enjoyed mapeals at other Mimi's locations in the past but this was a pure waste of time and money.

There are newer reviews for Mimi's Cafe

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The restaurant and food are very loosely inspired by France. The portions are quite big and the food is not bad. A good place to go for breakfast.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Wife and I went to dinner: wanted more than a coffee shop but not formal dinning. Mimi’s has a nice selection on menu and good specials. Both selected specials, for was prepared properly with nice seasoning. Service was a little slow due to large group in section, Waitress did a good job.
Would recommend for better than Coffee shop dinning

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The best time of day to eat here, is at breakfast. It's always hot, and good, with fresh varieties of breads to choose from.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We go to Mimi's every trip to Reno. This time was no exception. The food is always great, and fresh. Service is with a smile. Value is superb. You can't and won't go wrong here.

Been to Mimi's Cafe? Share your experiences!