“Food was pretty good...service was below average.”
Review of Joe's Diner - CLOSED

Joe's Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Pretty good diner food. Burgers, rings etc. Was super slow with some of the staff arguing a bit when a few big parties came in. Would eat there again but if service was subpar again, would not go for #3.

1  Thank GoTeam33
There are newer reviews for Joe's Diner

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Loved the diner, real Americana, staff were lovely though they don't open till 8 am which is late by US standards! We had breakfast and we expected it to be a little average and pricey as these places can be in Europe, what surprised us was the good value and excellent quality of the food. First class service we returned again later in the trip. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank GP1357
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Visited at 8pm. I ordered the Acapulco Chicken, which was large, quite tasty and messy, so yay on that point. The fries were too skinny, greasy and lacked seasoning, but some Tapatio sauce helped. The service was adequate, the ice tea and refills were good. The strawberry shake was ok, but they did give you a lot of it. Total price for the meal, before tip, was $19, which felt a bit pricey, but then again I was full! The decor is clean, polished aluminum and red, plush cushions...very nice.

1  Thank hairballusa
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not bad for a classic diner recreation, but I think they try too hard on the interior decorations to justify charging such high prices. Not really conveniently located either, way down south on Virginia away from all the action. Don't get me wrong, the food is great, had a Denver omlette with hashbrowns, toast, and coffee, delicious. The waitress was very friendly too. Check came to just over $13, which by tourist standards probably isn't outrageous. I'm a local here in Reno, so I'm always looking for value and convenience. Good place to take the kids, if you're financially blessed. They advertise a lot on tv, so their advertising bill must necessitate charging such exorbitant prices. This is Nevada, not California.

1  Thank Ray B
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hamburger's are excellent - thick bacon, generous toppings, cooked to perfection. The milkshakes are real ice cream. I've even had breakfast here which was great. However, the reason I try to go to Joe's every time I'm in Reno is because of the potatoes. My favorite is the potato chips - which you can substitute potato chips for fries with your burger. The french fries and their home fries with breakfast are very close runner-ups. The prices are very reasonable and the service is fast and friendly.

2  Thank Lisa D