“Great place”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Loved the diner, real Americana, staff were lovely though they don't open till 8 am which is late by US standards! We had breakfast and we expected it to be a little average and pricey as these places can be in Europe, what surprised us was the good value and excellent quality of the food. First class service we returned again later in the trip. Well worth a visit.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank GP1357

Reno,NV
“Expensive greasy spoon”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Visited at 8pm. I ordered the Acapulco Chicken, which was large, quite tasty and messy, so yay on that point. The fries were too skinny, greasy and lacked seasoning, but some Tapatio sauce helped. The service was adequate, the ice tea and refills were good. The strawberry shake was ok, but they did give you a lot of it. Total price for the meal, before tip, was $19, which felt a bit pricey, but then again I was full! The decor is clean, polished aluminum and red, plush cushions...very nice.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank hairballusa
Fernley, Nevada, United States
“Good food, good service, high prices”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not bad for a classic diner recreation, but I think they try too hard on the interior decorations to justify charging such high prices. Not really conveniently located either, way down south on Virginia away from all the action. Don't get me wrong, the food is great, had a Denver omlette with hashbrowns, toast, and coffee, delicious. The waitress was very friendly too. Check came to just over $13, which by tourist standards probably isn't outrageous. I'm a local here in Reno, so I'm always looking for value and convenience. Good place to take the kids, if you're financially blessed. They advertise a lot on tv, so their advertising bill must necessitate charging such exorbitant prices. This is Nevada, not California.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ray B
Mountain View, California
“Joe's knows potatoes (and burgers and milkshakes)”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hamburger's are excellent - thick bacon, generous toppings, cooked to perfection. The milkshakes are real ice cream. I've even had breakfast here which was great. However, the reason I try to go to Joe's every time I'm in Reno is because of the potatoes. My favorite is the potato chips - which you can substitute potato chips for fries with your burger. The french fries and their home fries with breakfast are very close runner-ups. The prices are very reasonable and the service is fast and friendly.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Lisa D
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Classic diner, kitsch free”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had to have a Sloppy Joe, and we're glad we did. Add in some old fashioned fries and an ice cold coke. Yum. Just, yum.

The prices are quite reasonable, the staff is very friendly and the facility is clean. I would eat here again.

• Visited December 2012