“Very Romantic”

Ranked #39 of 935 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Romanza Ristorante in the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, you'll dine on exquisite Italian cuisine, including many wood-fired specialties, beneath softly glowing torches while overhead, the sky scene drifts from starry twilight to a delicately lighted dawn, all choreographed to classic Italian music. An enchanted skydome, Corinthian columns and classical sculptures create a romantic elegance unmatched in Reno.
Miami, Florida
“Very Romantic”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was dining with a business associate and the staff was able to seat us immediately. The restaurant was conducive to having a conversation and a glass of wine to start our dinner. The food was delicious. I had the Sea bass and it was cooked to perfection. I ate every bite. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. I would return to this restaurant.

Visited November 2012

“We dined in an incredible atmosphere and experienced almost flawless execution on the menu items selected.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

To their credit they offered to redo an overcooked filet....but.....I don't return food....I just don't return!

Lake Tahoe
“Great Italian Food In The Peppermill Casino”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Romanza has been open for many years in the Peppermill Casino. I had not been there for a couple years so when a craving for Italian food struck we decided to head to the Peppermill. The evening got off to a shaky start. We sat down and waited for water and bread. The water came but no bread. The waiter took our order and we continued to wait for the bread. Finally, we called our server and he said they ran out of bread but they were waiting for the in-house bakery to deliver more. We started with the Romanza salad, which was good. When we were finishing our salads the bread arrived and it was just OK, nothing special.
I ordered the Romanza meatballs which are served with an excellent marinara sauce and penne pasta. The meatballs are a combination of Kobe beef, veal and pork and they were outstanding. I will go back to Romanza just for this dish, it was that good. My dining companion ordered the filet and shrimp combination and the filet was cooked perfectly as ordered. My other friend ordered the West Coast Scampi and her verdict was "delicious".
We decided to share the lemon meringue tart for dessert, which was the perfect ending to a fine meal. The lemon meringue had just the right amount of tart lemon taste and was not overpowered with too much sugar. The flaky buttery crust was very fresh and this dessert was enjoyed by all.
The Romanza is decorated with a huge Roman statue in the center of the dining room that revolves during the evening. It is a very over the top decor which visitors from out of town will enjoy.

• Visited October 2012
Pacific Northwest
“What a wonderful atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The place is decorated very ornately and is entertaining in itself to look around while you eat. The placement of the curved booths is a little odd, as we felt like the table across from us was on display for our entertainment as well. I bet they couldn't help but feel like we were watching them, as we all ate. That was weird. The service was very fine, formal and friendly. The food was good, not wonderful, better than Olive Garden (lol), but not as authentic as I would have liked for the price. Still, it was a lovely dinner date night and worth returning.

• Visited February 2012
Oregon
“Great atmosphere and GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Everything about this place is a WOW! From the food and wine to the service, nothing went wrong. Would go back to eat anytime.

Visited October 2012

Been to Romanza Ristorante Italiano? Share your experiences!