“Great good with best price”

MariChuy’s Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #152 of 996 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

First of all this is my 2nd visit torrid restaurant. Food is awesome, friendly staff n good price range.
This place is wonderful. Anyone looking for good price n tasty food this is the place . Thanks for reading . Have a fun.

1  Thank drsandipdm

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have been hounded by friends to check this place out - finally I did. What a fabulous family Mexican restaurant. Beautiful fresh food, friendly faces and service, clean and fun environment, all A+. The bar has fabulous tequila, sampled by us all in shot and margarita form. We had some delicious apps - highly recommend the queso fundido, the chorizo is spicy and to die for. Good guac, and I had an avocado shrimp salad, nice and light and fresh and delicious with a chipotle sauce. Husband had chicken fajitas, large portion for the price, delicious and hot! Will be back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is not Tex-Mex food, but instead what you might find, if you were lucky, in medium-sized Mexican city like La Paz. Ingredients were amazingly fresh and flavorful, surroundings spotless, and the service great. The complimentary chips and salsa would have made a fine meal themselves...the shrimp cocktail was the best I've had outside Mexico, and better than most I've tried in the country. The owner is friendly and modest, well-trained and with a background in local farming south of the border--he knows his stuff!

1  Thank Medea7
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We were really hoping for another good Mexican food experience while in Reno since we already had a great experience at another nearby Mexican spot. Being open minded, I do enjoy trying new places and new experiences.
This restaurant, according to the ratings, seemed outstanding so we stopped in for a late lunch.
The service was excellent and the girls could not have been nicer. The decor is very trendy and nothing like what you would expect a Mexican restaurant to be like. Apparently, this is up and coming 'mid-town' where you can see a resurgence of sorts.
3 beers. A plate of what was called nachos which had a few whole beans, what seems like hundreds of chips, 3 small dollops of guacamole, some drizzled white cheese and a little sour cream, and an order of shrimp ceviche because I was still very unsatisfied after eating nothing but empty carbs, set me back $35.
People who know good satisfying Mexican food really can't give this a good review. It's not deserving.
Next time I want good Mexican in Reno, it's back to my old place almost across the street and iI'll spend less and feel like I got something for my money. My tummy will feel full and my taste buds satisfied.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This could be my new favorite weekend lunch spot. The decor is very well done - hip and modern without being loud and jarring. The menu is innovative - Mexican food, but not filled with the basics. I had the jicama tacos - beautifully plated and very refreshing. We started with the chorizo queso from the appetizer section of the menu. It was flavorful and oozing with melted cheese. Quite decadent. My husband had one of the salads with shredded beef and it was quite good as well. Overall I was very pleased and will go back again.

1  Thank pjj89511